In 2020, a brand-new ID Crozz will be available with all-electric power. A crossover SUV, but with styling cues from a sedan and a minivan, this car stands out in a bunch of others. Volkswagen ID Crozz car insurance rates should be about $175 per month ($2,100 per year). Over $33,000 a year, it has a cost-to-base ratio of little over 6%. In part, this is because the vehicle runs on electricity rather than gasoline, which has a national average of 4%.
- How do I compare insurance for the ID Crozz?
- Does the Volkswagen ID Crozz qualify for discounts?
- How reliable is the Volkswagen ID Crozz?
- Bottom line
How do I compare insurance for the ID Crozz?
- Body type. Compact SUV, the ID Crozz has cheap insurance rates. Despite its sedan-like appearance and folding rear doors that resemble a minivan, it is still classified as an SUV for the purposes of auto insurance.
- Fuel. Even though electric cars cost more to insure, they have a greater range and can go up to 300 miles on a single charge. Electric batteries may be less costly in the long run, but maintenance and insurance costs may climb if gas prices rise unexpectedly.
- Theft statistics. As a result, insurance costs are kept to a minimum for Volkswagen owners in the United States. You may anticipate the ID Crozz to have low theft rates and reduced insurance prices since electric vehicles are less likely than gasoline-powered ones to be stolen.
- Maintenance. As a result of electric car maintenance expenses being greater than gasoline-powered automobile maintenance costs, this may affect your insurance premiums. A year’s worth of repairs for a Tiguan costs around $730, according to the website Repair Pal. Repairs become more costly as a consequence of increased maintenance expenses, which in turn increases insurance premiums.
- Coverage. The $33,000 sticker price includes liability and underinsured motorist coverage, but you’ll also need full-coverage insurance, including collision.
- Warranty. Due to competition, Volkswagen now offers an eight-year/100,000-mile guarantee on its electric cars. Roadside support is often included in standard Volkswagen warranties, so be careful to double-check when your ID Crozz arrives in the US.
- Offer from the manufacturer. Volkswagen offers discounts and low-interest financing on new electric cars, so you may save even more money on this vehicle.
Does the Volkswagen ID Crozz qualify for discounts?
Volkswagen ID Crozz owners may be eligible for discounts on new cars. All insurance companies do not provide the same discounts, and not all cars are created equal.
- Electric vehicle discount
- Anti Lock brake discount
- Antitheft discount
- Active restraint discount
- Passive restraint discount
- Airbag discount
- Seatbelt pretensioners
How reliable is the Volkswagen ID Crozz?
It will be many months before the car’s official ID Crozz ratings are released. Considering the Tiguan is a gas-powered small SUV, the safety and reliability scores should be comparable.
- Safety. US News & World Report gives the 2019 Tiguan a safety rating of 9.4 out of 10. This year’s Top Safety Pick+ honor goes to the Volkswagen Tiguan. On account of ID Crozz’s outstanding safety record, insurance premiums should be lower, but specific rates are dependent upon the ratings of safety of ID Crozz itself.
- Reliability. Reliability ratings for the 2019 Tiguan are 4 out of 5 stars from J.D Power and Consumer Reports. Because the ID Crozz relies on electricity to function, we’ll have to wait and see how long it lasts.
- Recalls. Over 120,000 Volkswagen electric cars were discovered to contain carcinogen cadmium, prompting the manufacturer to recall the vehicles. The vehicle manufacturer will do an excellent job, and you may put your trust in it.
Volkswagen plans to provide an all-electric car lineup starting with the ID Crozz in 2020. With a distinctive appearance and low insurance costs, it’s the perfect little SUV. Volkswagen’s long reputation of outstanding safety and reliability will help to offset the higher cost of electric vehicle insurance rates. The ID Crozz is covered by a number of insurance providers, so shop around for the best price.
You may check out our review of Ford Mustang Mach E Insurance Rates.