You may anticipate paying an average of $179 per month for Volkswagen Atlas car insurance. This works up to almost $2,148 each year. The sibling of Touareg’s vehicle is $500 more expensive than Touareg. On the other hand, the amount you pay is decided by a variety of variables, including your driving record, gender, and age.
- How do I compare insurance for the Atlas?
- Does the Volkswagen Atlas qualify for discounts?
- How reliable is the Volkswagen Atlas?
- Bottom line
How do I compare insurance for the Atlas?
Your driving habits and the age of your vehicle may have an impact on your insurance premium. Additionally, the following variables must be considered:
- Body type. The Volkswagen Atlas is the company’s largest vehicle, a five-door SUV based on the MQB platform. Due to the Atlas’s size, it will cost more to insure than a sedan.
- Fuel. The Atlas is a gas-powered vehicle with a stated fuel economy of 22 to 26 miles per gallon.
- Rates of theft. Atlas has not yet calculated the price of its latest heist. Volkswagens have a low theft rate on average, which may help you save money on insurance.
- Maintenance. Atlas servicing and maintenance expenses are estimated to be $191 per year on average. However, most of it is reliant on the extent of restoration. Numerous Atlas restructured customers say that getting components has been difficult, with some waiting months for delivery.
- Coverage. Purchase comprehensive insurance on your Atlas to safeguard it from theft, vandalism, fire, and other perils.
- Warranty. If you purchase a new Atlas, you’ll get a six-year/72,000-mile transferable bumper-to-bumper warranty. Unlike many other manufacturers, however, your new Atlas will not include free roadside assistance.
Does the Volkswagen Atlas qualify for discounts?
The Atlas has security features that may help you save money on insurance. Alternatively stated:
- Theft alarm system
- Overhead view camera system
- Pedestrian monitoring and front assist
- Park assist
How reliable is the Volkswagen Atlas?
- Safety. The Atlas has a 5-star overall safety rating from the NHTSA and an A+ grade from the IIHS. In 2018, the 2018 Atlas was the safest vehicle on the road.
- Reliability. According to J.D. Power, the predicted degree of dependability is about average.
- Recalls. Only one safety recall affecting the electrical system was issued in 2018 due to possible problems. Certain cars lacked an auditory warning that the key remained in the ignition when the door was opened.
The insurance premiums for the majority of SUVs are higher than the $179 monthly average for the Volkswagen Atlas. However, variables such as the kind of fuel used, the warranty, and the miles on the vehicle may all influence your insurance rate.
You may compare it and check out our review of Honda Pilot Car Insurance Rates.