Toyota Camry insurance rates monthly cost is $175 — or $2,100 — each year. This is about $800 more than insurance premiums for less popular vehicles with lower theft rates. The yearly insurance cost–to–base vehicle price ratio is 9.1 percent with a base price of $23,070. The Toyota Camry is a multi-award-winning midsize car renowned for its comfort and safety. It has a slew of excellent safety features that may help you save money on insurance.
- How to compare Toyota Camry Insurance Rates
- What factors affect car insurance rates for Toyota Camry?
- Does the Toyota Camry qualify for auto insurance discounts?
- Toyota Camry safety & reliability ratings
- Toyota Camry maintenance
- Bottom line
How to compare Toyota Camry Insurance Rates
The reliable Toyota Camry is inexpensive and straightforward to insure, simplifying your auto insurance search. Consider what additional coverage you want above and above the state minimum, as well as how you intend to use your car..
- Price. To properly compare your choices based on pricing, you must use the identical driver and vehicle information for each quotation.
- Deductible. So if comparing plans, keep in mind that the deductible level may have an impact on the cost of your premiums. When obtaining estimates, be sure you utilize the same deductible amount for each provider.
- Minimum coverage. Except in New Hampshire and Virginia, coverage is required. Before proceeding, ensure that your prospective insurance satisfies the minimal requirements of your state.
- Additional coverage. Before choosing a policy, think about any extra coverage choices you may need, and don’t forget to mention them when obtaining estimates.
- Extras. Find out what features each insurance contains and what extras are available before deciding on a provider.
- Restrictions. Find out whether your insurance has any limitations to prevent coverage gaps or rejected claims.
- Manufacturer offers or loyalty discounts. Try to see if your manufacturer has any special offers or loyalty savings available via agreements with insurance companies.
- Warranty. To prevent paying for overlapping coverage, find out what is covered by your manufacturer’s or extended warranty..
What factors affect car insurance rates for Toyota Camry?
Whenever computing your insurance premiums, insurance companies consider your likelihood of making claims. Because theft rates, vehicle performance, maintenance costs, and other variables differ across brands and models, the car you choose frequently has a direct effect on the amount of auto insurance you pay. Here’s how the Toyota Camry stacks up against the competition.
- Body type. The Toyota Camry is a sedan intended for everyday driving, commuting, road excursions, and other safe applications, which should lower car insurance costs.
- Type of car. The Camry is a safe and comfortable midsize vehicle. This should result in lower insurance rates.
- Theft. The Toyota Camry is one of the most commonly stolen cars, which may raise insurance costs.
- Repairs. The Toyota Camry requires minimal maintenance and has low repair expenses, both of which may result in reduced insurance rates.
- Safety ratings. The Camry receives a perfect 10/10 safety rating from U.S. News and J.D. Power. This should result in lower insurance costs.
- Fuel type. The Camry features a gasoline engine, which is less expensive to insure than cars with diesel, hybrid, or electric engines.
- Trim & packages. Purchasing customizations or bundles that boost power or overall value may result in higher premiums. Options that enhance visibility and safety, on the other hand, may be eligible for car insurance reductions..
Does the Toyota Camry qualify for auto insurance discounts?
If your Toyota Camry has these safety features, you may be able to save money on car insurance.
- Anti-lock brake discount
- Anti-theft discount
- Passive restraint discount (Airbags, motorized seat belts, etc.)
- Emergency roadside assistance discount
Toyota Camry safety & reliability ratings
The Toyota Camry has been in production since 1982. The midsize car is well-known for its spacious seats, smooth ride, and high safety ratings. From 1997 through 2016, with the exception of 2001, the Toyota Camry was the best-selling passenger car in the United States.
The 2018 Toyota Camry has near-perfect safety ratings from the IIHS and U.S. News in nearly every area, which may help you save money on car insurance.
The 2018 Camry gets 4.5/5 ratings for dependability from the U.S. News and J.D. Power, making it one of the most reliable vehicles in its class.
Toyota Camry maintenance
The Toyota Camry is a midsize sedan with a focus on safety and comfort when driving, regardless of distance. The average cost of repair is cheap, and thus this is one of the most reliable models on the market. To conclude, regular car service appointments can prolong the life of your vehicle. Know this:
- Toyota advises changing the oil every 5,000 miles or every five months, whichever comes first.
- Toyota Camry oil changes should cost between $75 and $125, however the exact cost may vary.
- The Camry has an average annual repair cost of over $221, which is below average for similar vehicles.
- For additional information on the Toyota Camry’s maintenance schedule, see your owner’s handbook or contact your dealership.
Is an extended warranty worth it for the Toyota Camry?
Toyota’s regular 3-year/36,000-mile limited warranty is included, as is a 5-year/60,000-mile powertrain warranty and 5-year corrosion coverage. The basic guarantee covers all components excluding those subject to regular wear and tear, such as oil and air filters, tires, and so on. ToyotaCare, which includes scheduled maintenance and 24-hour roadside support, is now included with new Toyota cars for two years or 25,000 miles.
Your dealer should be able to answer this question for you, however it’s not apparent whether or not Toyota provides any extended warranty choices. Additionally, in terms of reliability, Toyota cars have the lowest average repair costs and low overall repair expenses, so it’s up to you to determine if an extended warranty is worth the extra money.
From 1982, it has been seen as a top-rated midsize sedan. It is equipped with award-winning safety and driver assistance systems that may be eligible for car insurance savings. You should decide which choices are ideal for your circumstance by comparing several quotations.
For more insurance rates and reviews go to Car Insurance Grades.