The R1T was Rivian’s first vehicle, as well as one of the first models available. The Rivian R1T car insurance rates are anticipated to be expensive due to the vehicle’s dual-purpose status as a pickup truck and an electric vehicle. The cost each month is expected to be between $300 and $400. If insurers learn more about the new approach, this may change. The R1T’s yearly insurance cost-to-base ratio is approximately 6% thanks to the R1somewhat T’s higher than usual monthly insurance premium of $300-350.
- How do I compare insurance for the Rivian R1T?
- Does the Rivian R1T qualify for discounts?
- How reliable is the Rivian R1T?
- Bottom line
How do I compare insurance for the Rivian R1T?
The Rivian R1T insurance, even for pick-up vehicles, will be more than the norm.
- Body type. The Rivian R1T is powered by an electric engine and rides on a redesigned pick-up truck chassis. Cargo vans are notoriously expensive to insure, but because the electric cargo van is a newcomer to the market, its insurance costs are likely to be lower.
- Fuel. With a battery range of between 230 and 400 miles, this pickup truck runs on electricity. Automobiles fueled by electricity are typically 3 to 5 percent more expensive than those fuelled by gasoline.
- Theft rates. Official theft statistics won’t be available for years after the R1T 2020 launch, although low theft rates are expected to be available very quickly after that time period. Electric cars are much less likely to be stolen than gas-powered vehicles, in part because electric vehicles are nearly always kept near an electricity source.
- Maintenance. With the R1T, Rivian introduces its first car with a broad range of upkeep expenses. Because electric vehicles need less yearly maintenance, insurance costs may be kept lower.
- Coverage. At over $60,000, the Rivian R1T is an expensive car, so you’ll undoubtedly want comprehensive collision, liability, and a safety-net policy.
- Warranty. Rivian did not provide any warranty information on the R1T at the time of this communication. Rivian’s first car, the R1T, was unveiled only a few months before the R1. It has finally been made public.
- Manufacturer offer. Despite the fact that Rivian may not be a new business, it is unclear if the company has a manufacturer’s offer. The $69,000 starting price may be reduced to $61,500 by using a $7500 federal tax credit.
Does the Rivian R1T qualify for discounts?
For the R1T, the majority of insurance companies provide vehicle-specific discounts.
- Electric vehicle discount
- Anti Lock brake discount
- Passive restraint discount
- Antitheft discount
- Seatbelt pretensioners
How reliable is the Rivian R1T?
Because it doesn’t sell vehicles, Rivian doesn’t have any established safety or dependability ratings. The R1T and R1S vehicles will be delivered in 2020 as the first of their kind. Official evaluations aren’t released for at least a year.
Despite the fact that electric vehicles often have very strict safety standards, certain models have trouble meeting the requirements.
- Safety. Due to the R1T and R1S being premiere models, no official safety data exists for Rivian cars. Rivian targets the IIHS and the 5-star National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) for Top Insurance Pick+.
- Reliability. J.D. Power and other rating agencies will not be officially rated for at least one year after the launch of the product on the market.
- Recalls. It’s being investigated to see whether Rivian would issue any kind of reminder since no vehicles have been made available to the general public yet.
The Rivian R1T 2020 is a brand-new truck, and it’s the first one made by Rivian. An affordable electric car, a new start-up vehicle with an expected insurance cost of $300 to $350 per month.
Insurance costs may vary widely across providers, so shop around for the best deals on Rivian R1T insurance.
Visit our review of Rivian R1S Car Insurance Rates for another car insurance review.