The Ram 1500 2020 lineup now features a V6 diesel engine of 3.0 liters. The 1500 EcoDiesel has a torque of 480 pound feet and a towing capability of over 12,000 pounds. The typical annual cost of the Ram 1500 EcoDiesel car insurance rates premiums is calculated at between $200 and $300 a month or between $2,400 and $3,600 a year. The result is an annual insurance cost-to-base ratio of approximately 10 percent , which is considerably higher than the national average of 4 percent on all pick-up trucks for all vehicles.
- How do I compare insurance for the 1500 EcoDiesel?
- Does the Ram 1500 EcoDiesel qualify for discounts?
- How reliable is the Ram 1500 EcoDiesel?
- Bottom line
How do I compare insurance for the 1500 EcoDiesel?
The insurance rates of 1500 EcoDiesel are expected to be similar to other pickup trucks. Several factors, including the following contribute to these rates:
- Body type. 1500 is a half-ton payload diesel pickup truck. The huge size and power of pick-up trucks contribute to their higher insurance premiums compared to other vehicles, since they may inflict greater accident damage.
- Fuel. The 1500 EcoDiesel offers a claimed road fuel savings of 24 miles per gallon and outperforms its gasoline-powered rivals. This may reduce pump expenses, but diesel engines need more expensive maintenance, which raises insurance rates.
- Theft rates. Dodge Rams are one of the most stolen vehicles in the United States, regardless of the model. Insurance prices are strongly affected by vehicle theft, so expect that this will be taken into consideration in the 1500 EcoDiesel premiums.
- Maintenance. Diesel vehicles typically have greater maintenance expenses than petrol trucks, which implies higher insurance rates. As of November 2019, the website of Pickup Cars states that maintenance costs of EcoDiesel are lower than those of other diesel vehicles.
- Coverage. With a price tag of $36,000 and a powerful car, you may want to consider increasing your insurance liability limits in addition to comprehensive collision coverage.
- Warranty. MOPAR’s Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 5-year 100,000-mile powertrain warranty. This covers the expenses of driving components such as the engine, gearbox and drive system that need maintenance. It also offers limitless roadside assistance that enables you to forget your insurance policy coverage.
- Manufacturer offer. Dodge now provides various cashbacks and low interest incentives to finance the Ram 1500 in order to save you money on retail pricing.
Does the Ram 1500 EcoDiesel qualify for discounts?
Yes, the Ram 1500 EcoDiesel should qualify for the bulk of the most common car discounts of insurance providers:
- Anti Lock brakes
- Antitheft discount
- Passive restraint system
- Active restraint system
- Seatbelt pretensioners
- Airbag discount
- Parking sensors
How reliable is the Ram 1500 EcoDiesel?
The Dodge Ram 1500 has excellent ratings for safety and dependability.
- Safety. Ram 1500 is the first full-size truck to be awarded Top Safety Pick+ by the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety and to earn a Good Grade in all six of the crashworthiness categories. In addition, the National Highway Safety Authority granted four out of five safety ratings, while U.S. News and the World Report gave it a 9.1 safety rating overall. .
- Reliability. J.D. Power predicts the dependability of the Ram 1500, which is above average, to be four out of five stars.
- Recalls. Because of a problem with front passenger airbags, Dodge documented roughly 300,000 Ram 1500 vehicles from model years 2019 and 2020. Similar recalls for the EcoDiesel 1500 are reasonable to anticipate in future.
Dodge recalled roughly 300,000 Ram 1500 vehicles in the years 2019 and 2020 owing to a problem with the airbag of the front passenger. Similar recalls for the EcoDiesel 1500 should be expected in the future.
For additional car insurance review, check out our review of GMC Sierra Car Insurance Rates.