The MetLife Insurance Company provides a broad variety of insurance products, including Metlife car insurance, in addition to home and other types of property and liability insurance. MetLife also offers other types of insurance, such as dental, vision, and life, as well as business insurance. The New York-based insurance company was established in 1868 and has a long history in the insurance sector. Consider the coverage choices and savings offered by MetLife auto insurance to see whether they are the best option for you. Let’s dig a little deeper to learn more.
- MetLife Insurance Review for 2021
- MetLife car insurance coverage options
- MetLife insurance discounts and reward programs
- Safety and anti-theft devices discount
- My Journey® program
- Is MetLife the best insurance company for you?
MetLife Insurance Review for 2021
- JD Power Rating —The standard deviation is far out of line with actual results. MetLife’s overall customer and claim satisfaction was below average, according to JD Power.
- Financial strength — Excellent. AM Best demonstrates how MetLife will perform in terms of paying out claims. The fact that it has a “A” rating demonstrates the strength of its financial position.
- NAIC Rating — The standard deviation is far out of line with actual results. More complaints against MetLife were filed with the NAIC in 2019 than usual, according to the organization.
MetLife car insurance coverage options
Auto insurance plans from MetLife provide conventional features like uninsured/underinsured motorist, personal injury protection (PIP), and rental vehicle reimbursement in addition to collision and liability coverage. A breakdown of MetLife car insurance policy options and extras for various sorts of drivers can be seen in the table below. Please be aware if you live in a state where some of these choices are not accessible. Ask your MetLife salesperson for advice prior to acquiring any kind of coverage.
- New car replacement. As long as the whole loss occurs during the first year of ownership or 15,000 miles, MetLife will repair or replace your new automobile (whichever comes first). This restriction does not apply to automobiles hired for more than six months or those that are not owned.
- Special parts replacement coverage. In the event of an insured loss, MetLife will replace specific car components at no cost to the policyholder. If any of the following items are lost or stolen: tires, batteries, brake components, steering components, or electrical wiring, the coverage does not apply. MetLife will cover the replacement expenses without taking accrued depreciation into account. MetLife will cover replacement costs.
- Enhanced rental car damage coverage. You’ll be covered if damage to your rental automobile occurs as a result of a covered loss. Any extra costs like penalties and charges, lower market value or loss of use as a result of damage will be negotiated with the rental agency when renting a vehicle via MetLife to minimize.
- Glass repairs without a deductible. Even the best among us may suffer auto glass damage. As long as your windshield is covered, MetLife will pay for the repair while waiving your deductible.
- Roadside assistance service and towing reimbursement. If your car breaks down on the highway, MetLife will pay for towing and roadside assistance.
- Gap coverage for leases or loans. No matter how much debt you still owe on your lease or loan, MetLife will pay off your automobile if it’s wrecked in an accident.
- Legal defense cost coverage. If you are sued, MetLife will cover your legal fees and repay you up to $200 per day in lost wages.
MetLife insurance discounts and reward programs
When shopping for auto insurance, look for ways to save money, and MetLife provides many alternatives to do just that. Also, bear in mind that they may be different depending on where you are in the world.
- Deductible savings benefit. Earnings of up to $250 can be put to your deductible if you go one year without making a claim and earn $50 each year thereafter.
- Multi-policy discount. Purchasing a variety of insurance policies from the same company might save you money on premiums. There is a 10 percent discount offered by MetLife when purchasing various types of insurance, such as vehicle and house or life.
- Multi-car discount. If you insure more than two vehicles with the same company, you’ll pay less. Get in touch with a MetLife agent for further information.
- Good student discount. If you’re looking for new car insurance, your scholastic achievements may entitle you to certain savings. To be eligible for a MetLife good student discount, students must be under the age of 25 and enrolled full-time in an accredited high school, community college, four-year institution, graduate school, or a vocational or technical program.
- Student away discount. These discounts may be available to students under 25 provided they meet certain criteria set by MetLife, including living at least 100 miles away from home and having limited use of the covered vehicle. Saving money on insurance is a smart move if you don’t drive much but want the peace of mind that comes with knowing you’re covered if you do.
- Superior driver discount. MetLife offers a discount to drivers with an outstanding driving record.
- Defensive driver discount. A three-year discount may be available if you have held your license for at least two years and have successfully completed a MetLife-approved defensive driving course. Taking this course will help you become a more cautious and safe driver since it teaches and reinforces safe driving habits and techniques. It’s possible to take this course entirely over the internet.
Safety and anti-theft devices discount
Installation of an anti-theft or safety system, such as passive or active disablers, may entitle you to a discount on your car insurance from MetLife.
My Journey® program
My Journey®, MetLife’s telematics solution, is now only available in a few states. Using the mobile app, you may keep track of your journeys, analyze your driving behaviors, and see your overall driving grade. By registering, you may save up to 10% on your auto insurance, and if you have a clean driving record when it’s time to renew, you can save up to 30%. For a short period of time (six months), you may get a lower insurance premium.
Is MetLife the best insurance company for you?
If you’re looking for car insurance, MetLife will be able to help. Insuring with this company ensures that if anything goes wrong, you will be taken care of. Some MetLife car insurance benefits, such as no-deductible special component replacement and glass repairs, may come in handy if you’re in a small accident.
Shop around for the best deal if you need new automobile insurance. Insurance companies base your premium on a variety of characteristics, such as your age, location, driving record, and credit score. Because of this, rates charged by various insurers may range significantly. Insurance for your circumstances and cars necessitates that you choose a policy that is both affordable and offers you the protection you desire.
You may check out our review of Mercury Insurance Review.