Fast, cool, and costly to insure, that’s the McLaren 650S. McLaren 650S car insurance rates cost $1,040 monthly premium. To sum it up: you will pay a different amount depending on your driving record and region.
- How do I compare insurance for the McLaren 650S?
- Does the McLaren 650S qualify for discounts?
- Why is insurance so high for the McLaren 650S?
- How reliable is the McLaren 650S?
- Bottom line
How do I compare insurance for the McLaren 650S?
With its lightweight and high-speed design, the McLaren 650S aspires to be “the world’s most adaptable supercar.” While looking for insurance, bear the following considerations in mind.
- Body type. Even though it’s a coupe, it’s a sports coupe, thus insurance costs are higher. The 650S Spider, which is a cabriolet, is expected to be more expensive.
- Fuel. Gas-powered 650S models get up to 22 mpg on the highway and 16 mpg in the city, respectively. If we compare this to other couples, it’s about average.
- Maintenance. Repairs may be costly and time consuming, requiring specialized components only accessible from McLaren Retailers and handled by specialists who have undergone extensive training at a McLaren Technical Academy.
- Coverage. Normal insurance policies don’t protect McLarens very well. To ensure complete coverage, turn to premium service providers.
- Warranty. With a three-year, unlimited-mile guarantee from McLaren, you won’t have to buy roadside assistance separately. If you reside in Australia or North America, you may also buy a 12-year Extended Service Contract.
- Driven by a powerful engine. Rear-wheel drive and a seven-speed manual gearbox are standard equipment on this vehicle. Due to the lower cost of the transmission, manual transmissions usually cost less to insure than automated transmissions.
- Vehicle number one or number two. Think on whether or not the 650S will be your primary vehicle or whether it will be part of a collection. Depending on your driving habits, your insurance company may offer you a discount for purchasing a second vehicle.
Does the McLaren 650S qualify for discounts?
With a few safety features like anti-theft and a safe vehicle discount, the McLaren 650S may be eligible for a discount.
- Remote anti-theft alarm system
- 2 front headrests
- 4-wheel ABS
- Turn signal mirrors
- LED Headlamp
- Daytime running lights
- Engine immobilizer
- Traction control
- Stability control
Why is insurance so high for the McLaren 650S?
The Mclaren 650S has a higher insurance deductible since it’s a high-performance supercar designed for speed. Repairing this car will cost more since you’ll need factory-trained specialists and expensive components.
How reliable is the McLaren 650S?
Theft does not often target McLarens. As a result, the business is well-known for offering cars that have cutting-edge engineering and unique styling.
- Safety. Since just 500 of the 650S models were produced, neither the IIHS nor the NHTSA have given it a rating.
- Reliability. These automobiles were expertly crafted with attention to detail and high standards of quality. Don’t worry about getting from point A to point B fast on your 650Ss.
- Recalls. Because McLaren is a newer business, it has a shaky track record when it comes to product recalls. Some of the company’s models have been recalled in the past few years due to defective airbags, but the 650S has so far escaped notice.
If you’re considering buying a McLaren, keep in mind that insurance will be an important part of your budget, so search around for the best price.
You may check out our review of Ferrari 488 GTB Car Insurance Rates.