Mazda’s racing division came up with the concept and launched the Mazdaspeed3 in 2007 as a sporty small hatchback. it hasn’t lost any of its appeal despite only being in production till 2013. Despite the Mazdaspeed3’s reputation as a sporty hatchback, it has a hefty insurance premium due to the lack of new models since 2013. It costs approximately $200 per month or $2400 annually for Mazdaspeed3 car insurance rates. That’s far over the national average of $1300. A vehicle costing $20,000 has a ratio of 12 percent annual cost-to-base insurance, which is higher than the national average of 4 percent.
How do I compare insurance for the Mazdaspeed3?
The Mazdaspeed3 is a Sport Performance Hatchback with a mix of high and low-rated components. However, a used model will be less expensive than a new model since it hasn’t been in production since 2013. The following factors have an effect on Mazdaspeed3 prices.
- Body type. The Mazdaspeed 3 hatchback, along with station wagons, is one of the least expensive car categories to insure. It’s a sports vehicle, therefore insurance prices are higher because of the increased risk of an accident.
- Fuel. The Mazdaspeed3 is a fuel-efficient car that outperforms the Mazda3 in terms of economics. On the other hand, the fuel savings of 18 mpg city and 25 mpg highway are reasonable. Make a note of the higher insurance premiums for vehicles getting less mileage.
- Theft statistics. In general, the robbery rates for Mazda vehicles are around normal, with the Mazda 323 being the most often targeted vehicle. Car insurance rates may go up if the theft rate is above or below average.
- Maintenance. The Mazdaspeed3’s average yearly maintenance expenses are unknown. Replacement parts and maintenance may be more costly and more difficult to come by if you buy a higher-performing foreign vehicle. It’s possible that this will raise the cost of the company’s insurance.
- Coverage. Second-hand Mazdaspeed 3s are likely to cost between $10,000 and $20,000 USD. In addition to theft and fire, you may wish to consider purchasing comprehensive coverage at this low rate to protect yourself against all eventualities. When you come across another vehicle, you may neglect to pay for accident damage out of your own money.
- Warranty. Mazdaspeed3 is not covered by Mazda’s new Mazda car guarantee, which lasts for three years or 36,000 miles on Mazda’s brand-new Mazda. You will also have to pay for roadside assistance if you need it, since this does not mean that you will get it for free.
- Offer from the manufacturer. It’s unlikely that you’ll get a good price on a Mazdaspeed3, but you may be able to negotiate for one.
Does the Mazdaspeed3 qualify for discounts?
Some of the above-mentioned discounts should be accessible to Mazdaspeed3 owners, however the precise amount depends on your car’s configuration and what services your supplier provides. The Mazdaspeed3 is a sporty sedan.
- Passive restraint discount
- Anti Lock brake discount
- Airbag discount
- Antitheft system discount
- Stability control
- Seatbelt pretensioners discount
How reliable is the Mazdaspeed3?
- Safety. A Top Safety Pick+ from IIHS and a 5-star rating from NHTSA have already been assigned to the MAZDA3 standard. While the Mazdaspeed3 isn’t eligible for an award because of its high level of performance, it does include many of the same safety features.
- Reliability. Because J.D. Power rates the Mazda3 normal as having a medium dependability rating, you may assume that the Mazda3 high-performance rating will be no better than that.
- Recalls. Mazda’s 2008 Mazdaspeed3 and Mazda3 models have gotten many nudges in the right direction. Get your Mazdaspeed3 properly maintained and look for retrieval information before it has an impact on your maintenance expenses.
Even though Mazdaspeed3 has only been available for the last seven years, it has remained a well-liked sports hatchback. Its appearance helps to balance out the superb build quality of the car.
Check out our review of Subaru WRX Insurance Rates for one more car insurance review.