One of the largest insurers in the US, Liberty Mutual Car Insurance may save you money while still providing comprehensive coverage, but it may fall short in other areas.
- Liberty Mutual Pros and Cons
- Liberty Mutual auto insurance review
Liberty Mutual car insurance coverage options
- Liberty Mutual Deductible Fund®
- Liberty Mutual accident forgiveness
- Liberty Mutual lifetime repair guarantee
- Liberty Mutual new or better car replacement
- Rental car reimbursement through Liberty Mutual
- Liberty Mutual roadside assistance
- Auto loan/lease gap
- Original parts replacement
- Coverage for teachers
- Liberty Mutual Mexico car insurance coverage
- Liberty Mutual and Turo
- Liberty Mutual auto insurance discounts
- Where is Liberty Mutual car insurance available?
- Liberty Mutual vs. Competitors
- Liberty Mutual bundling options
- How to cancel a Liberty Mutual insurance policy
- Liberty Mutual online features and app
Liberty Mutual Pros and Cons
- Add-ons to your car insurance policy that may help protect both you and your vehicle
- Insurance for your car and home might be cheaper than you think.
- Insurance plans for automobiles that use telematics and charge based on usage are now available.
- Has a bad track record when it comes to customer service.
- This plan may not meet your needs if you’re hoping for more benefits or coverage than what it offers.
- Compared to the national average, young drivers pay astronomical insurance prices.
Liberty Mutual auto insurance review
Liberty Mutual, the country’s fourth-largest property and casualty insurance, was founded in 1912 and has become a household brand.
In addition to local Liberty Mutual sales representatives, the company’s website offers coverage throughout the whole United States. Liberty Mutual
Liberty Mutual’s coverage choices, discounts, and prices are comparable to those offered by other major, diversified insurance firms of similar size and scope. A deeper look at the claims and customer service procedures of Liberty Mutual reveals that they are not the best, despite the company’s solid financial situation and low number of complaints.
- Claims satisfaction (J.D. Power) — Too much variability exists in the data, as seen by the large standard deviation. Customer satisfaction with Liberty Mutual’s claims processing system was below industry average in the most recent J.D. Power poll.
- Customer satisfaction (J.D. Power) — Outstanding in comparison to the competition. Overall customer service at Liberty Mutual was scored higher than the industry average by J.D. Power in its 2021 evaluation.
- Financial strength — In other words, Liberty Mutual can continue paying insurance claims as usual because of its strong financial position rated by AM Best.
- NAIC Rating — Poor. Liberty Mutual had more complaints than any other large insurance carrier, according to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners.
Liberty Mutual car insurance coverage options
Every Liberty Mutual vehicle insurance policy in the United States includes liability and collision coverage as well as comprehensive and uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. Here are a few Liberty Mutual insurance products you may not have heard of before.
Liberty Mutual Deductible Fund®
Purchase of this add-on plan allows policyholders to decrease their annual deductible by one hundred dollars (US).
Liberty Mutual accident forgiveness
Accident forgiveness or other extra plans won’t let you expand your coverage after your first one. Must have a five-year driving record free of traffic offenses and accidents (not available in California).
Liberty Mutual lifetime repair guarantee
Repairs are covered for as long as you own the vehicle under the terms of the insurance. The United States has over 2,000 Guaranteed Repair Network locations to meet your requirements..
Liberty Mutual new or better car replacement
Liberty Mutual will replace your wrecked vehicle with a brand-new one with fewer than 15,000 miles on it if you choose this coverage option. Your car must be less than a year old and have fewer than 15,000 miles on it to be eligible.
Rental car reimbursement through Liberty Mutual
If your vehicle is damaged in an accident covered by this insurance, the cost of a rental car will be reimbursed. State-by-state variations exist in the amount of coverage available.
Liberty Mutual roadside assistance
Looking for insurance that won’t leave you stranded? Liberty Mutual’s roadside assistance services include the following:
- Flat tires
- Dead batteries
- No gas
Auto loan/lease gap
Policyholders will only be responsible for the value of the car if it is totaled. It’s also known as “gap insurance” since it compensates you for the difference between what Liberty Mutual believes your automobile is worth and what you owe on the loan.
Original parts replacement
After a claim, this coverage will replace your car with genuine manufacturer’s components.
Coverage for teachers
If your automobile or teaching materials are damaged or stolen, this additional insurance will pay for the damage or replacement costs. It’s designed with teachers and educators in mind.
Liberty Mutual Mexico car insurance coverage
Liberty Mutual provides travel insurance for Mexico.
Liberty Mutual and Turo
A Liberty Mutual vehicle insurance coverage covers members of Turo’s car-sharing program. Turo is a peer-to-peer automobile sharing service rather than a traditional rental company. Renting a vehicle brings up the thorny question of insurance. The insurance coverage alternatives available to those who use a personal car for work reasons are quite limited. With three different options for cover, it’s easy to find what you need.
Liberty Mutual auto insurance discounts
These optional coverages and features are available to Liberty Mutual car insurance customers at a reduced cost: It’s possible that you may save money on your monthly insurance rates by making even a couple of these little changes.
Discounts based on the driver or vehicle
- Accident-free. It’s possible that Liberty Mutual may provide a discount to safe drivers with a spotless driving record.
- Violation-free. You may be eligible for reductions if your driving record is immaculate and free of infractions.
- Alternative energy. Liberty Mutual offers a discount to drivers of ecologically friendly automobiles including hybrids and electric autos.
- Anti-theft device. If your car has an anti-theft system, you’re eligible for this discount.
- Advanced safety features. Electronic stability control, adaptive headlights, and anti-lock brakes are all possible candidates for a discount.
- Early shopper. Get a quotation from Liberty Mutual before your current policy expires to see whether you qualify for a discount when you finish the policy.
- Military. People who have served in the military might get lower insurance premiums from Liberty Mutual. Liberty Mutual may offer a military discount to active-duty, reserve, and retired members of the armed forces.
- Homeowner. If you’re a homeowner, you may be able to save money on your insurance.
- Good student. Membership costs for students may be significantly reduced when they have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
- Student away at school. A student discount may be available to you if you exclusively use your automobile for school-related reasons.
Discounts based on your policy
- Bundling/multi-policy. To get the most popular insurance discount while also saving time and money, consider combining several Liberty Mutual products. Vehicle and home insurance are often purchased together by policyholders.
- Multi-car. All of your vehicles are covered under one Liberty Mutual policy, so if you have a big fleet, you’ll save money.
- Payment by bank. To take advantage of this discount, you must set up automatic payments and connect your bank account.
- Pay-in-full. One or two monthly payments will save you money on your insurance.
- Online purchase. A discount may be available to customers who purchase a policy through the Liberty Mutual website.
- Paperless. A small discount may be offered to policyholders who prefer to manage their accounts online rather than through paper.
Where is Liberty Mutual car insurance available?
Auto insurance is available from Liberty Mutual in 45 states and the District of Columbia.
Liberty Mutual vs. Competitors
- Liberty Mutual. $144
- GEICO. $100
- Allstate. $169
- Nationwide. $119
Liberty Mutual bundling options
Bundling insurance coverage might save you money since you just have to deal with one payment. Liberty Mutual Insurance Company offers a comprehensive range of insurance products, including auto insurance.
How to cancel a Liberty Mutual insurance policy
To close an account, call 1-800-290-8711 to speak with a customer care representative at Liberty Mutual. You may be charged cancellation fees or get a refund according on your state. More information on Liberty Mutual may be found on their website, which can be accessed here.
Can I cancel my Liberty Mutual policy online?
A customer service specialist can assist you with canceling your Liberty Mutual insurance by phone at 1-800-290-8711.
Liberty Mutual online features and app
Like many other well-known insurance firms’ websites, Liberty Mutual’s may give rates for a number of insurance products and help consumers customize their coverage to match their specific requirements. Liberty Mutual Other aspects of the website include:
- Comparing insurance prices for your vehicle, your house, your condo, or your apartment is a terrific way to save money.
- Claims management includes filing and keeping track of them.
- Account management includes paying bills, reading policy documentation, and acquiring proof of insurance cards, among other things.
- Identifying local representatives
You can manage your bills, process claims, and carry digital insurance ID cards exactly like on the internet with the Liberty Mutual mobile app (available for Apple and Android devices).
You may check out our Amica Mutual Car Insurance Review.