However, Kemper Car Insurance’s low customer service scores may frighten away otherwise suitable candidates despite its affordable rates for persons with a long history of moving offenses. For additional information, here’s a Kemper Car Insurance Review.
Kemper Car Insurance Pros and Cons
- Kemper Car Insurance Pros and Cons
- Kemper car insurance review
- Kemper car insurance coverage options
- Kemper Car Insurance discounts and reward opportunities
- Insurance from Kemper may be tailored to meet your individual requirements.
- Good and bad drivers with clean histories may both get low rates.
- There is no telematics program at Kemper.
- However, Kemper just offers a restricted mobile app and a sparse website with information.
Kemper car insurance review
The State Department of Insurance has allowed Kemper Insurance to sell insurance in 28 states in the United States. It changed its name to Unitrin in 1990, and in 2010 it bought the rights to the Kemper brand. Because of its small size in comparison to the insurance industry’s giants, Kemper is nevertheless able to provide competitive rates to a wide range of drivers, even those who are deemed high-risk by other insurers.
Examine the coverage, discounts, and price from Kemper to see whether it meets your insurance requirements. Automobile and house insurance are also available via Kemper, and both come with special savings.
- Customer satisfaction (J.D. Power) — Not rated
- Financial Strength —Excellent. Kemper’s financial support received an A- from AM Best. This shows that the company has the financial wherewithal to honor its obligations.
- NAIC Rating — Poor. The National Association of Insurance Commissioners reports that Kemper received more consumer complaints than the national market average.
Kemper car insurance coverage options
In addition to typical coverages including comprehensive, accident, liability, and medical expenditures, Kemper offers consumers the opportunity to customize their plans. The following features of a Kemper insurance contract may be modified.
If you are in a serious accident and significantly damage your automobile, this coverage will pay you the replacement value instead of the normal actual cash value (ACV), which may be less than you think due to depreciation. Kemper will cover the difference between the cost of repairing or replacing your car. This insurance is only available for recently leased or purchased vehicles. There is no other restriction.
Car loan/lease coverage protects you financially in the event of a complete loss. Your remaining debt will be reduced if your ACV return isn’t enough to repay the whole amount owing on your car loan or lease. Kemper TotalTM comes with built-in gap insurance.
Consider adding optional coverages like accident forgiveness and travel interruption insurance, as well as key replacement and personal property protection, to your policy to make it more valuable to you overall (if your parked car is damaged).
Kemper Car Insurance discounts and reward opportunities
Compared to other major insurance companies, Kemper is saving money. Remember that discounts differ by state and whether or whether you are a preferred, standard, or non-standard customer.
Discounts based on your insurance policy
- Multi-policy. Conserve money by enrolling in many insurance policies. Kemper offers Package Plus insurance, which includes both vehicle and house coverage. Improved home coverage and the convenience of having all of your insurance on one statement are both included in this policy.
- Paid-in-full. This discount is only available if you pay for the whole period of the insurance in one lump amount.
- Prior insurance. Kemper gives a discount on insurance rates to non-standard clients who don’t let their policies expire.
- Advanced quote discount. If you acquire a quotation and then decide to submit an application before the quote takes effect, you’ll get a discount.
Discounts based on the driver or vehicle
- Multi-car. In order to qualify for this well-known discount, you must be the owner of more than one car on your policy.
- Military discount. This discount is available to all active duty military and members of the National Guard.
- Good student. You must have a high grade point average to qualify for a discount as a student.
- Driver training. Check to see whether completing a defensive driving course can lower your insurance costs.
- Residence. Homeowners and renters who have Kemper insurance may be able to save on Kemper car insurance.
Nearly every aspect of Kemper’s vehicle insurance earned a failing grade. Instead of receiving star ratings of 4.0 or higher from customers on a regular basis like the other carriers, these carriers routinely received star ratings of 3.5 or below.
Visit our review of Hanover Car Insurance Review for one more car insurance review.