Jeep Wrangler insurance rates costs $154 per month, or $1,848 per year, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. This is around $500 more costly than a typical automobile.
- How to compare insurance for the Jeep Wrangler
- What factors influence the cost of Jeep Wrangler insurance?
- Jeep Wrangler cost-saving safety features
- Is the Jeep Wrangler eligible for insurance discounts?
- Jeep Wrangler safety & reliability ratings
- Jeep Wrangler repairs and servicing
- Should you obtain an extended warranty for your Jeep Wrangler?
- In Conclusion
How to compare insurance for the Jeep Wrangler
Automobile insurance shopping may be a pain; many suppliers utilize difficult-to-understand language, and everyone promises to offer the best deals. Nonetheless, coverage may give peace of mind both on and off the road, and it is needed in nearly every state, making it a worthwhile investment.
While insurance is almost always necessary, you may streamline the process by understanding what to look for and how to evaluate coverage. The information below describes how to compare Jeep Wrangler vehicle insurance prices online.
- Price. When gathering estimates from numerous service providers, it is critical to utilize the same information because regulations and features might differ from one company to another, making it impossible to compare apples to apples. When you evaluate similar solutions on the basis of pricing, you will be better equipped to find the most cost-effective source for your specific requirements.
- Deductible. For this reason, because the amount of your deductible has a direct impact on your monthly premiums, you should set a deductible level that is both within your monthly budget and will not cause any problems should you ever need to submit a claim with your insurance provider.
- Minimum coverage. Given that each state has its own set of coverage criteria to consider, it’s critical to double-check that any possible insurance satisfies the bare minimum in your region before proceeding.
- Additional coverage. When shopping for coverage, you may come across other types of insurance, such as personal injury protection and pet insurance, which are also worth considering. When gathering insurance estimates from several companies, make sure to describe any additional coverage you may want, regardless of the option, you select.
- Extras. It is likely that the features and extras provided by different providers and localities will differ. Find out what each plan provides and what you’ll have to pay extra for if you want to be completely covered.
- Restrictions. Check to see if your insurance policy has any limitations to avoid coverage gaps or claims being refused outright.
- Manufacturer offer or loyalty discount. Check with your manufacturer to see if they have any special offers or loyalty discounts available due to their connection with insurance companies.
- Warranty. Examine your manufacturer’s or extended warranty to see what is and isn’t covered, so you don’t end up paying for duplicate coverage.
What factors influence the cost of Jeep Wrangler insurance?
To assess insurance prices, insurance companies use a variety of safety and risk information. The vehicle you drive is significant, but it is not the only element influencing your auto insurance premiums. These qualities may have an impact on insurance costs.
- Body type. The Jeep Wrangler convertible sport utility vehicle is available in two or four doors. It is especially well-suited for activities such as off-roading, which may result in higher insurance prices.
- Type of car. The Jeep Wrangler is a small SUV that starts approximately $30,000. As a result, insurance for high-end or high-performance vehicles may become more inexpensive.
- Theft. The Jeep Wrangler is one of the most stolen SUVs, according to a recent Forbes article. It is probable that insurance premiums may rise as a result of this.
- Repairs. Repairing the Wrangler will be a pricey proposition due to its frequent use. It is probable that insurance rates may rise.
- Safety ratings. Because of the Jeep Wrangler’s below-average safety ratings, you may need to get more expensive auto insurance.
- Fuel type. Gas-powered cars, such as the Jeep Wrangler, are usually less expensive to insure than diesel-powered cars and hybrid cars.
- Trim & packages. Choosing models or trims that boost power or total value may result in a higher Wrangler insurance rate. On the other hand, insurance costs may be decreased as a result of installing features that increase visibility or safety.
Jeep Wrangler cost-saving safety features
You may be able to save money on vehicle insurance if you implement these safety features.
- Anti-lock brakes
- Anti-theft system
- Parking sensors
- All View Cameras
- Daytime Lighting System
- Stability Control System
- Pretension system for Seat Belts
- Backup Sensors
- Warning System for Lane crossover
- Responsive cruise control
Is the Jeep Wrangler eligible for insurance discounts?
Depending on the auto insurance company you pick, your car may be qualified for a variety of auto insurance discount alternatives. However, the specific reductions you receive may differ based on your region, service provider, preferences, and other things. Some of these, such as the ones listed below, should be relevant to the Jeep Wrangler:
- Discount for new cars
- Discount for Anti lock braking
- Discount For Anti Theft Systems
- Discount for Airbag & Seat belt Restraints
- Discount for Emergency Roadside Assistance
Jeep Wrangler safety & reliability ratings
Jeep first produced the Wrangler in 1986, and it is now in its fourth generation, named the JL.
The Jeep Wrangler is one of the most recognizable autos in the world. The 2018 Jeep Wrangler convertible SUV is more secure, comfortable, and fuel-efficient than previous models.
Although official safety ratings for the 2018 Jeep Wrangler have not yet been released, the 2017 model received a 5.7/10 rating from U.S. News and J.D. Power & Associates.
Furthermore, the IIHS ranks it below average in nearly every category, which is a huge disappointment.
It received a dismal 2.5/5 rating from US News and JD Power for dependability, which is worse than the class average.
Jeep Wrangler repairs and servicing
Despite its all-terrain capabilities, the Jeep Wrangler is a vehicle that can handle itself practically anyplace. It is designed to endure a long time and should require little maintenance under regular driving circumstances.
It does, however, have a high average maintenance cost, which you should consider if you intend to venture off the beaten path on a regular basis. Regardless, it is critical to keep a minimum maintenance routine in place, which includes oil changes and inspections.
- For best vehicle performance, we recommend that you follow the owner’s manual’s recommendations for oil changes. Instead, keep an eye on the oil-change notification system.
- A typical oil change may cost $100 or $200, though.
- The Wrangler has an above-average annual repair cost of $503, which is standard for crossovers. Some owners have also had transmission issues, which may raise the repair cost.
Should you obtain an extended warranty for your Jeep Wrangler?
A 5-year/60,000-mile powertrain warranty is also included, which covers problems caused by faulty components or service. The Wrangler also comes with a 5-year corrosion warranty and a 5-year/60,000-mile roadside assistance guarantee.
Unlike most comparable vehicles, the Jeep does not come with a comprehensive maintenance package.
Although Jeep does not provide an extended warranty for the Wrangler, the manufacturer, Mopar, does. With the plan, you may acquire extra insurance for up to eight years or 125,000 miles on a car purchase.
Rental allowances, OEM item replacements, and expert services are among the additional benefits. Because the Wrangler has a high cost of ownership as well as a low dependability rating, vehicle protection may be a sensible option.
Jeep Wrangler, a well-known off-road vehicle that has been on the market since 1974, is a well-known off-road vehicle.
While its tough design can withstand virtually anything, average maintenance costs are substantial, particularly when the equipment is subjected to severe usage.
Furthermore, it has below-average dependability and safety ratings, which may result in higher insurance premiums; however, Mopar’s vehicle protection services may assist alleviate the issue.
In any event, having adequate coverage for your Jeep Wrangler is critical, which is why you should shop around for the best deal.
Checkout our rate review for other Jeep vehicle.