The XJL is a spacious sedan with affordable luxury car insurance. The XJ series, on the other hand, does not have a good reputation when it comes to dependability. Jaguar XJL car insurance rates premiums are $110 monthly. The yearly premium is $1,320. Annually, it costs approximately $100 less than the national average.
- How do I compare insurance for the XJL?
- Does the Jaguar XJL qualify for discounts?
- How reliable is the Jaguar XJL?
- Bottom line
How do I compare insurance for the XJL?
The XJL is Jaguar’s answer to the XJ, but with a little extra cargo space in the rear. As a result of its increased size and cost, your insurance premiums may go up. It also has a comprehensive warranty, maintenance plan, and roadside assistance for the XJL’s repair requirements.
- Body type. The wheelbase and rear space are also increased over the regular XJ model. Size may affect your insurance premiums.
- The cost is shown on the receipt. With an MSRP of $76,000, this vehicle comes with a hefty price tag. Despite this, the fuel economy is still respectable for a high-end sports vehicle.
- Theft. When compared to other XJs, this one has less reported thefts.
- Fuel. The fuel economy of this car is average. It has a combined fuel economy rating of 21 mpg in the city and highway.
- Maintenance. All new XJL vehicles purchased from Jaguar come with a comprehensive maintenance package as part of the warranty.
- Coverage. Standard coverage will lower your premiums. However, if you are in an accident, you should consider purchasing additional insurance to safeguard your assets. Consider getting coverage for uninsured or underinsured motorists, as well as comprehensive, loan/lease gap, and collision with a high maximum.
- Warranty. The guarantee on this vehicle is for five years or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first. It covers regular maintenance as well as roadside assistance.
Does the Jaguar XJL qualify for discounts?
This vehicle has a slew of safety features that may get you a break on your insurance:
- Anti-theft system
- Anti-lock brakes
- Electronic stability control
- Driveline traction control
- Parking sensors
- Blind spot monitor
- Rear traffic monitor
- Low tire pressure warning
- Lane-keeping assist
- Driver condition monitor
- Emergency braking
- InControl Protect Emergency SOS
- Child safety locks
- Backup camera
How reliable is the Jaguar XJL?
The XJ model line lacks high dependability ratings and crash test data on its safety. This is a problem. Numerous recalls are associated with the series, which suggests the manufacturer hasn’t fully mastered its manufacturing process.
- Safety. The XJL lacks crash test results from reputable safety agencies. This may be because the vehicle sells at a lesser rate than comparable family sedans in the same price range.
- Reliability. The J.D. Power projected dependability rating for the XJ series is 2 out of 5 stars.
- Recalls. There have been several recalls on the XJ model line because of issues with software, airbags, wipers, and rear-wheel alignment, among other things.
A long warranty and a low number of thefts distinguish the Jaguar XJL. Despite being a high-end vehicle, the insurance costs for this particular model are usually cheap. XJs, on the other hand, don’t have a good reputation for dependability.
Check out our review of BMW 7 Series Car Insurance Rates for one more car insurance review.