If you own an Jaguar XJ car Insurance rates premiums may be higher . The premium car has a high retail price, but it’s also prone to theft and has subpar dependability. The XJ, on the other hand, could be eligible for a discount because of its many safety features.
There is a $1,896 annual cost for the Jaguar XJ car insurance. The average monthly premium is $158. This cost is $470 more expensive than the national average each year, at $1,426, according to the Census Bureau.
- How do I compare insurance for the XJ?
- Does the Jaguar XJ qualify for discounts?
- How reliable is the Jaguar XJ?
- Bottom line
How do I compare insurance for the XJ?
Due to the Jaguar XJ’s large size and high price tag, it’s possible that insurance premiums may rise if you buy one of these cars. In addition to this, consider the following:
- Body type. The Jaguar XJ is a series of premium sedans available in several trim levels. For a sedan, the body adds more weight, which may increase your insurance rate. In the event of an accident, heavier cars are thought to be more damaging because of the more energy they exert.
- Price tag. The price of this vehicle is expensive for a sedan, but it’s reasonable for a high-end luxury sports car. There is a starting price of approximately $76,000 for a ticket.
- Theft. Many XJ’s have been reported stolen, making them a high-priority target for thieves. To counteract the increased theft rates, consider purchasing comprehensive insurance.
- Fuel. This car has an average fuel economy of 18 city mpg and 27 highway mpg.
- Maintenance. All new XJ vehicles from Jaguar come with a free maintenance package.
- Coverage. To avoid having to pay for repairs out of your own money after an accident, consider increasing your policy’s maximum limits and purchasing extra coverage. Loan/lease gap coverage, collision, and uninsured or underinsured motorists are a few examples of these types of insurance.
- Warranty. This vehicle has a five-year/60,000-mile limited warranty that covers scheduled maintenance and roadside assistance.
Does the Jaguar XJ qualify for discounts?
This vehicle is loaded with safety features, which may result in an insurance rate reduction for you:
- Anti-theft system
- Anti-lock brakes
- Child safety locks
- Electronic stability control
- Driveline traction control
- InControl Protect Emergency SOS
- Parking sensors
- Rear collision warning
- Low tire pressure warning
- Blind spot sensor
- Back-up camera
How reliable is the Jaguar XJ?
Due to a lack of crash testing, low reliability ratings, and many recalls, the XJ has a reputation for being unreliable.
- Safety. Crash test results from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration are not available for the XJ. This is due to the fact that neither the safety organization nor many other Jaguar cars have been officially evaluated.
- Reliability. In terms of projected dependability, J.D. Power gives this vehicle a dismal 2 out of 5 stars.
- Recalls. There have been many problems with the XJ. These include software malfunctions that impact airbag calibration, improperly formed wiper arms, erroneous software calibration for vehicle restraints, difficulties with the alignment of the rear wheels, leaking brake fluid, and battery positive cable problems.
It isn’t the most affordable Jaguar XJ to insure, but it does come with a number of safety features to counterbalance its high insurance costs and poor dependability.
Visit our review of BMW 7 Series Car Insurance Rates for another car insurance review.