Low scores for dependability and performance mean a higher price for the Jaguar XE car insurance rates. There is a guarantee on the vehicle for five years and 60,000 miles, so you can defray some of those expenses. When buying a new Jaguar, you’ll also get a reduced APR on finance.
- How do I compare insurance for the XE?
- Does the Jaguar XE qualify for discounts?
- How reliable is the Jaguar XE?
- Bottom line
How do I compare insurance for the XE?
The Jaguar XE is a sedan, but it contains performance characteristics that may raise your insurance premiums if you buy it. However, a maintenance plan and roadside support are included free of charge with the vehicle to aid with ownership expenses during the first few years.
- Body type. The Jaguar XE is a premium sports sedan, according to the automaker. Despite the fact that sedans have the lowest insurance costs, the turbocharged gas or diesel engine on this automobile makes it seem more like a sports car. This may cause your insurance rate to go up.
- Price tag. The base MSRP for this vehicle is $36,720, making it one of the most affordable luxury sedans on the market. Even so, it’s more expensive than the majority of sedans.
- Fuel. The XE gets 32 mpg in the city and 42 mpg on the interstate because of its compact size.
- Maintenance. When you take your Jaguar to a Jaguar specialist, expect to pay more for service and repairs. In any case, Jaguar offers a free maintenance package that lasts for five years or 60,000 miles on this vehicle.
- Coverage. Use of this vehicle on a daily basis may not need more than basic coverage. In the event of an accident, additional protection may, however, assist cover the specialist components and repairs. The following are examples of optional coverages: comprehensive, loan/lease gap, collision with a high limit, or uninsured or underinsured motorist.
- Warranty. This vehicle has a five-year/60,000-mile limited warranty and free roadside support. Don’t forget about the free service plan.
- Manufacturer offer. At the time of writing, the manufacturer was offering 36-month XE finance at a rate of 1.9% APR.
Does the Jaguar XE qualify for discounts?
Depending on the model, the XE has a number of standard safety features:
- Anti-theft system
- Anti-lock brakes
- Child safety locks
- Electronic stability control
- Driveline traction control
- InControl Protect Emergency Sos
- Parking sensors
- Low tire pressure warning
- Blind spot monitoring
- Autonomous emergency braking
- Reverse traffic detection
- Lane-keeping assist
- Back-up camera
How reliable is the Jaguar XE?
The dependability of this vehicle is low. As a result of many recalls throughout its brief existence, it seems the manufacturer is still working to iron out manufacturing issues.
- Safety. Top safety organizations haven’t given the XE a rating. Because the Jaguars aren’t well known, these groups haven’t paid attention to them.
- Reliability. In terms of predicted reliability, J.D. Power gives this vehicle a 2 out of 5 star rating. With this rating, a vehicle has achieved the lowest of low potential outcomes.
- Recalls. In the short time it’s been on the market, the XE has had numerous recalls. As a result of these problems, the gasoline return pipe was found to be leaking, as were the fuel rail end caps. These may cause a fire or render you unable to judge critical variables like vehicle speed.
Insurance rates for the Jaguar XE are higher than the national average, even for a sedan like this. However, since it’s a high-performance vehicle with questionable build quality, its price may be higher.
For another car insurance review, visit our review of Audi A4 Insurance Rates.