The F-insurance Type’s premium is cheap for a high-performance luxury coupe in part because of the coupe body style. Find the best deal on Jaguar F-Type car insurance by comparing policies, prices, and discounts. It costs $1,776 a year to insure a Jaguar F-Type at the average insurance premium of $148 a month. If you choose for the F-Type convertible, that number is sure to rise. The annual cost of a Jaguar F-Type car insurance rates are $350 higher than the national average of $1,426.
- How do I compare insurance for the F-Type?
- Does the Jaguar F-Type qualify for discounts?
- Why are insurance rates above-average for the Jaguar F-Type?
- How reliable is the Jaguar F-Type?
- Bottom line
How do I compare insurance for the F-Type?
The Jaguar F-Type is less costly to insure since it costs less than comparable high-end luxury sports cars. However, if you choose the convertible model, your premium will be somewhat more.
Many insurance companies will cover this high-end car. You may need to check into specialist insurers for exotic and sports automobiles if you have difficulty obtaining insurance for your new Jaguar.
- Body type. You may get an F-Type coupe or convertible as an entry-level high-end luxury car. The insurance rate for a coupe is likely to be cheaper than that of a convertible. The performance build and reduced top protection in an accident make convertibles a greater safety hazard in the long run than sedans.
- Price tag. The Jaguar F-Type is a more affordable premium sports vehicle. It has an MSRP of approximately $62,000 and goes up from there.
- Fuel. The F-Type has EPA mileage estimates of 23 mpg in the city and 30 mpg on the road.
- Maintenance. When you visit a Jaguar expert, expect to pay a premium for service and repairs. However, the average yearly cost of car maintenance is about $1,400. In addition, Jaguar will pay for the first several years’ worth of maintenance under the plan.
- Coverage. Extra protection such as comprehensive, loan/lease gap and uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage may be worth considering if your maximums are too low. Luxury vehicle insurance typically has higher limits and agreed value coverage, so that’s an option as well.
- Warranty. It has a 5-year/60,000-mile limited warranty and a free 5-year/60,000-mile maintenance plan, so it’s well-protected.
- Manufacturer offer. Jaguar offers to finance all F-Type models at 1.9% APR for 36 months. That’s less than half the average loan rate for vehicles overall.
Does the Jaguar F-Type qualify for discounts?
Several safety features on the F-Type may qualify you for an insurance discount. These include:
- Anti-theft system
- Anti-lock brakes
- Electronic stability control
- InControl Protect Emergency SOS
- Lane departure warning
- Forward collision warning
- Parking sensors
- Emergency braking
- Low tire pressure warning
- Back-up camera
Why are insurance rates above-average for the Jaguar F-Type?
The F-Type boasts cheap insurance costs for a high-end sports vehicle. A few factors keep this region’s unemployment rate elevated despite this.
- Higher MSRP. The base model of the F-Type costs around $60,000. It’s not cheap, but for a premium vehicle, it’s well priced. However, if you are in an accident, your insurance company will be forced to pay more because of the higher cost of repairs.
- Higher coverage. You’ll pay more for extra coverage and luxury auto insurance. However, in return, you’ll get better protection.
- Specialized repairs. You’ll have to pay extra for repairs if you require Jaguar-specific components or a Jaguar technician. Your insurance provider makes up for the additional risk by raising your premiums.
- Convertible top. The F-Type comes with a convertible option, making it riskier for passengers using that feature on the road.
- Engine power. The F-engine Type produces greater power than most others, making it more enticing to drive fast.
How reliable is the Jaguar F-Type?
Because of the many recalls, the Jaguar F-Type may be considered unreliable in the long run. Not much is known about the vehicle’s crash test safety or long-term dependability, though. Some insurance providers may raise your rate because of these reasons.
- Safety. The IIHS and NHTSA haven’t given the F-Type a safety rating, which is understandable given how young it is on the market. Jaguars are also a niche market, therefore they get less safety inspections than more popular models.
- Reliability. Because the F-first Type’s model is just a few years old, there isn’t much information on its long-term dependability. It has received a slightly above average rating on many vehicle review sites owing to its tried and tested engine and low cost of maintenance.
- Recalls. Recalls for the F-Pace include concerns with the seatbelt and sensor, battery positive cable, drive belt and power steering, turn signals and fuel rail end caps, to name just a few..
The Jaguar F-Type offers a long warranty and low-interest financing in addition to numerous safety features. In comparison to other luxury cars, this one has a lower insurance cost due to its many unique characteristics.
You may check out our review of Audi R8 Insurance Rates.