Because of its excellent safety ratings, compact size, and low theft rate, this hybrid car may save you money on insurance. Monthly premiums cost for Honda Insight car insurance will be approximately $158, which translates to $1,836 in annual premiums. There are 12 percent more yearly insurance costs for every $1,000 spent on a basic vehicle, compared to the national average of 4 percent.
- How do I compare insurance for the Insight?
- Does the Honda Insight qualify for discounts?
- How reliable is the Honda Insight?
- Bottom line
How do I compare insurance for the Insight?
The Insight ticks several low-risk boxes, including compact size, minimal theft and maintenance costs, and delighting insurance companies. There are a number of other variables that may reduce the overall cost of owning this vehicle even more.
- Body type. Because it’s a small sedan, the Insight shouldn’t make a lot of noise if it’s involved in an accident.
- Fuel. Even if your insurance costs are higher than usual, you’ll save money with this car because of its fuel efficiency. It gets 52 miles per gallon on the highway and city.
- Theft rates are on the rise. Although the popularity of the Civic results in high theft rates, earlier Insight models had low theft rates.
- Maintenance. The upkeep for this vehicle is generally normal, however because of the electric components, it may be more expensive to maintain. A comparable Civic model, according to Car & Driver, has five-year maintenance costs around $500.
- Coverage. If you want to keep your premium cheap, go with basic coverage. After the warranty expires, you may want to consider roadside assistance since this vehicle has had a slew of issues in its short existence.
- Options for insurers. Any insurance provider should appreciate the opportunity to insure this low-risk small car and offer you reduced rates as an alternative.
- Warranty. Vehicle comes with free roadside assistance and a three-year, 36,000-mile guarantee. Additionally, Honda provides up to 60,000 miles of engine coverage and 100,000 miles of battery coverage for the first five years of ownership.
Does the Honda Insight qualify for discounts?
Because of its enhanced safety features, this new and improved Insight may be able to help you save money by providing you with:
- Anti Lock brakes
- Antitheft system
- Front-impact airbags
- Knee airbags
- Overhead airbags
- Side impact airbags
- Stability control
How reliable is the Honda Insight?
As an IIHS 2019 Top Safety Pick, this Honda enjoys an advantage in terms of crashworthiness. There have already been many recalls on this vehicle, and they indicate a lack of long-term dependability. There have been many recalls and issues with the vehicle, so you’ll probably want a good warranty and roadside assistance.
- Safety. The IIHS named this vehicle a 2019 Top Safety Pick and gave it a score of 5 out of 5 stars in crash tests.
- Reliability. Lighting, suspension, electrical system, and external issues have previously been brought up in relation to the Insight.
- Recalls. Although the 2019 Honda Insight is new to the market, there have been numerous recalls due to problems with the airbags, seatbelt pretensioners, and the backup camera.
Because of its small safety ratings, minimal theft, and cheap maintenance costs, the Honda Insight hybrid has made a strong comeback. Nevertheless, you may anticipate somewhat higher vehicle insurance premiums than usual.
Compare Insight service providers or shop around for a different model or brand to get the best deal and coverage. You may also check out our review of Honda Civic Insurance Rates.