Until recently, the GMC Sierra and the Chevrolet Silverado were almost similar trucks. GMC added new features with the launch of the 2019 model year, such as a two-piece tailgate, a carbon fiber bed, distinctive external design, and more. The average cost for the new GMC Sierra car insurance is $1,300, although this may vary according on the options you choose.
- How do I compare insurance for the GMC Sierra?
- Does GMC Sierra qualify for auto insurance discounts?
- How reliable is the GMC Sierra?
- Bottom line
How do I compare insurance for the GMC Sierra?
The GMC Sierra is a tough pickup truck that’s up to the task of both work and play. Car insurance prices for GMC Sierras vary based on the provider and how they calculate premiums, however the following variables are often taken into consideration by all providers:
- Body type. Sporty automobiles and other two-door vehicles, such as the Sierra, are more expensive to insure than pickup trucks like the Sierra.
- Fuel. The gas-powered Sierra is less expensive to insure than the diesel-powered model.
- Theft rates are on the rise. Theft rates for GMC Sierra and Chevrolet Silverado older models were higher, which may raise the cost of insurance coverage for them.
- The expense of repairs. Because this vehicle’s maintenance and repairs are normal, insurance premiums will be cheaper than those for luxury cars.
- Coverage. Collision and comprehensive coverage are optional, but they provide additional protection at a cost.
- Options for the insurer. You shouldn’t have any trouble obtaining insurance for this car, so shop around and compare rates from as many companies as you can.
- Create a range of choices. Your premiums may be higher or lower based on the drivetrain, engine size, and other configuration choices you make.
Does GMC Sierra qualify for auto insurance discounts?
Many safety, security, and driver aid technologies are available for the 2019 GMC Sierra, which may lead to lower car insurance rates.
- Anti-theft device
- Passive restraint systems
- Anti-lock brakes
- Rear and side parking assist
- Blind zone alert
- Lane change alert
- Surround vision and rear camera mirror
How reliable is the GMC Sierra?
The GMC Sierra is a tough pick-up truck that can handle almost any weather condition, including snow, mud, and off-road use. In addition, keep in mind the following details:
- Safety. A near-perfect rating in nearly all areas means you’ll save money on insurance if you buy a 2019 GMC Sierra.
- Reliability. Other, less frequent faults with GMC Sierras include faulty fuel gauges, insufficient HVAC temperature control, and incorrect HVAC air supply.
- Recalls. For a problem that may prevent the seatbelts and airbags from deploying in the event of an accident, GMC recalled certain Sierra vehicles from 2014 to 2017. As a result of the problem, a small number of 2015 vehicles had to be recalled.
While it’s not the most luxurious pickup truck on the market, the GMC Sierra has a lot to offer in the way of comfort, safety, and convenience amenities. One of the numerous reasons that go towards its low car insurance rates is its long-lasting, feature-rich design.
It’s essential to evaluate your choices so you obtain the greatest coverage and pricing for your circumstances, but your real price may vary based on the features that you choose, your driving record, and other factors.
You may check out our review of Chevy Silverado Insurance Rates.