According to our findings, the average annual cost of a GMC Acadia Limited car insurance rates are $1,596. You’ll pay a different amount based on your driving record, how many miles you drive each year, and other personal characteristics, such as your age and gender.
- How to compare insurance for the GMC Acadia Limited
- What factors affect car insurance for the GMC Acadia Limited?
- Does the GMC Acadia Limited qualify for discounts?
- Reliability and safety ratings for the GMC Acadia Limited
- The GMC Acadia Limited series maintenance
- Bottom line
How to compare insurance for the GMC Acadia Limited
Comparing GMC Acadia Limited insurance plans requires taking into account things like:
- Price. Compare the discounts offered by each provider while attempting to get the cheapest cost for your coverage in order to save as much as possible on your premium.
- Deductible. Take a higher deductible, which means you’ll be responsible for a greater amount before your insurance begins covering property damage or medical costs, to reduce your monthly rate.
- Coverage. At a bare minimum, your insurance coverage should meet the standards of the state in which you reside. If you’re financing your Acadia Limited, you’ll also want to consider getting comprehensive and collision insurance to protect your investment..
- Manufacturer offers. GMC’s complimentary 24-hour roadside assistance service is available to all 2007 and newer GMC cars while under warranty, so you may not need to purchase this coverage separately from your auto insurance.
What factors affect car insurance for the GMC Acadia Limited?
The Acadia Limited’s production ceased in March 2017, which may lead to an increase in insurance costs if hard-to-find replacement components become scarce. It’s safe to say that this vehicle’s insurance prices are currently typical.
The GMC Acadia Limited is available in two drivetrain configurations: all-wheel drive (AWD) and front-wheel drive (FWD). Because AWD cars are usually regarded as safer than their FWD counterparts, you’ll save money on your monthly insurance rates if you have one.
Does the GMC Acadia Limited qualify for discounts?
Many safety features on the GMC Acadia Limited may save you money on vehicle insurance, such as:
- Anti Lock brakes
- Stability control
- An anti theft alarm system
- A rear-view camera
You may save even more money on your Acadia Limited if it has extra features like all-wheel drive, frontal collision alerts, and lane departure warnings.
Reliability and safety ratings for the GMC Acadia Limited
A five-star overall safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and a good safety rating from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety were given to the 2017 GMC Acadia Limited FWD, much as the newest Acadias from GMC (IIHS).
Many customers have complained about problems with their infotainment systems such as the Car Play function, Wi-Fi and electronics systems, despite the fact that official dependability ratings for this car aren’t available.
There are two GMC Acadia Limited recalls to be aware of:
- Powertrain issues. Fractures and separations in the driveshaft assembly may increase the likelihood of accidents and rollaways.
- Front brake system. It’s possible that the brake calipers up front are leaking brake fluid, increasing the likelihood of a collision.
The GMC Acadia Limited series maintenance
The GMC Acadia Limited costs a little extra to maintain since it is a bigger model of the current Acadia variants. Due to its bigger dimensions, the Acadia Limited uses more gasoline than its smaller sibling.
- GMC Acadia Limited: Up to 15 mpg in the city and 22 mpg on the highway
- GMC Acadia: Up to 21 mpg in the city and 26 mpg on the highway
Your GMC Acadia Limited’s insurance costs will be in line with the national average. This older Acadia may be more costly to maintain because to its higher cost of ownership and poorer fuel efficiency.
For another car insurance review, visit our review of Hyundai Palisade Insurance Rates.