It’s anticipated that Genesis GV80 car insurance rates would be less than for full-size SUVs. This is approximately $860 higher than the national average for insurance costs for a vehicle of a comparable model. The yearly insurance cost-to-base vehicle price ratio is 4.3 percent, slightly over the national average of 4 percent, with an anticipated base price of $50,000 MSRP new.
- How do I compare insurance for the Genesis GV80?
- Does the Genesis GV80 qualify for discounts?
- Why is insurance so expensive for the GV80?
- How reliable is the Genesis GV80?
- Bottom line
How do I compare insurance for the Genesis GV80?
It is true that crossovers have lower insurance costs, but their high-tech, luxury features may cause premiums to rise again. When comparing GV80 auto insurance quotes, keep the following things in mind:
- Body type.Full-size SUVs and pickup trucks tend to be more expensive to insure than this medium SUV.
- Fuel. With its hydrogen fuel cell electric hybrid engine, the GV80 aims to be more fuel-efficient than its rivals. Hybrid cars, on the other hand, tend to be more costly to insure because of the high cost of replacing the battery in a hybrid vehicle.
- Theft rates are quite high. The Genesis is a brand-new car, therefore the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has not received any reports of theft (NHTSA). Because of this, unless you reside in a high-theft region, your insurance premiums are unlikely to be affected by theft rates if you drive a crossover or SUV.
- Maintenance. Genesis provides several great benefits to help you save money, like free regular maintenance for the first three years or 36,000 miles on premium vehicles, which drives up insurance prices. Also included is a free three-year membership to Service Valet, which may help with rentals and maintenance planning.
- Coverage. Look into high-end insurance with agreed value coverage and greater liability limits for this vehicle if you really want to pamper yourself. If you choose collision, comprehensive, and uninsured motorists insurance, you’ll have complete peace of mind.
- Options for insurers. Most insurance companies cover Genesis models, so you shouldn’t have any problems finding coverage.
- Warranty. Ten years and 100,000 miles of warranty are included in the Genesis Complete Confidence owner program. Roadside assistance and regular maintenance are included as well, so you may dispense with towing coverage altogether.
Does the Genesis GV80 qualify for discounts?
Yes. These features may result in lower premiums for you depending on your insurance company if previous Genesis models are any indicator.
- Antitheft device
- Anti Lock brakes
- Hybrid engine
- Front impact airbags
- Knee airbags
- Overhead airbags
- Side-impact airbags
- Seatbelt pretensioners
- Stability control
Why is insurance so expensive for the GV80?
Despite this, the GV80 is a luxury vehicle, and as such, it will come with a luxury vehicle premium. Although Genesis’ pricing is competitive with those of other manufacturers, the GV80’s anticipated base price of $50,000 renders it too expensive to replace.
As a result of features like the unique inlay touch control panel and the sophisticated hybrid powertrain, owners may have to pay more for auto insurance.
How reliable is the Genesis GV80?
Reliability is difficult to gauge when dealing with a brand-new model. Due to the GV80’s connection to the G80 sedan, you can count on it receiving excellent safety ratings when it goes on sale in 2019.
- Safety. Safety is difficult to gauge when dealing with a brand-new model. Due to the GV80’s connection to the G80 sedan, you can count on it receiving excellent safety ratings when it goes on sale in 2019.
- Reliability. It’s tough to judge a brand-new car’s dependability, but Genesis vehicles are well-known for their dependability.
- Recalls. The first model of this car will be released in 2020, therefore there is no information about a recall at this time. It’s possible that the GV80 may be in danger because of two recent recalls involving the windscreen and the passenger airbag detection.
In addition to the premium amenities and services seen in other Genesis models, this first crossover vehicle offers an outstanding warranty. The GV80 is one of the more inexpensive luxury CUVs on the market thanks to its hybrid powertrain and safety features, which may result in lower insurance rates.
Compare insurance companies and prices for similar models to make sure you receive the best deal.
For additional car insurance review, check out our review of BMW X5 Car Insurance Rates.