The GTC4 Lusso, Ferrari’s elegant take on a sportswagon, is now available in the United States for purchase. However, the Italian car’s renown comes at a cost. Because a fast coupe is more difficult to insure than a sedan or a minivan, insurers charge a higher premium to cover their risks. The annual cost for a 2017 Ferrari GTC4 car insurance rates is $16,752. Age, gender, location, and driving record all have an impact on your precise rate.
- How to compare insurance for the GTC4 Lusso
- Why is insurance so expensive for the Ferrari GTC4 Lusso?
- What factors affect car insurance for the Ferrari GTC4 Lusso?
- Driver factors that affect insurance rates
- Does the Ferrari GTC4 Lusso qualify for discounts?
- Reliability and safety ratings for the Ferrari GTC4 Lusso
- What you didn’t know about the award-winning Ferrari GTC4 Lusso
- Compare Ferrari GTC4 Lusso competitors
- Bottom line
How to compare insurance for the GTC4 Lusso
Consider these aspects while looking for a cover to cover your Ferrari.
- Price. A costly luxury vehicle is also an expensive one to insure. Compare rates from different service providers to obtain the best deal. Get an idea of how much insurance you’ll need, and then shop around for rates based on that estimate.
- Coverage types. If you buy a Ferrari GTC4 Lusso, you’ll probably want more liability insurance than the state requires. If you’re in an accident, your insurance should pay for the damages. Caps on liability coverage range from $300,000 to $500,000 for many conventional insurance companies. Considering luxury vehicle insurance with greater coverage limits may be a good idea if that is the case.
- Extras. Ask your insurance provider for a list of possible add-ons like accident forgiveness and disappearing deductibles if you want to improve your coverage. Car insurance with extra benefits like carjacking or gap protection may be available if you select a premium vehicle.
- Restrictions. Because luxury vehicle insurers have more stringent criteria for drivers, your adolescent may not be protected by your insurance. However, registering the vehicle as an LLC or company may not be possible, and certain service providers may prevent you from taking your Ferrari abroad. To prevent having future claims rejected, learn about the limitations as soon as possible.
- Manufacturers offer unique discounts. No specific Ferrari programs are offered by Ferrari, however there is one offered by the Ferrari Club of America (FCA). Ferrari stores all across the United States may offer you savings on parts and labor if you’re a member. The FCA also has partnerships with car insurance companies like Hagerty Insurance, which offers a 5% discount for members in all states but California, Massachusetts and Tennessee. You may be eligible for savings for restricted usage and multiple vehicles, depending on your service provider.
- Warranty. Any new Ferrari GTC4 Lusso comes with a three-year, unlimited-mile guarantee as standard. Three years of roadside assistance and seven years of regular maintenance are included in the warranty package for this brand. Even for a premium vehicle, this is a great offer.
Why is insurance so expensive for the Ferrari GTC4 Lusso?
The Ferrari GTC4 Lusso is more expensive to insure because of its excellent quality and quick acceleration (from 0 to 100 in 3.4 seconds). This high-performance luxury sports car needs expensive Italian replacement components, which add to the overall cost.
What factors affect car insurance for the Ferrari GTC4 Lusso?
Insurance companies employ complex algorithms to evaluate your driving record, residence, vehicle, and frequency of usage. Because various factors like mileage, body style, and engine power are given varying weights, prices may vary widely.
The following variables have an impact on the insurance premium for a Ferrari GTC4 Lusso.
- Body type. Essentially, the GTC4 Lusso is a two-door station wagon coupe with a third door for comfort and convenience. Despite its four-seat capacity, these two-door hatchback models have higher insurance rates than larger ones since smaller vehicles are more likely to be damaged in a collision.
- Fuel. Choice of fuel The 6.3L, V12 engine in the vehicle, which uses premium petrol, may raise prices.
- The make and model of the vehicle. The Ferrari GTC4 Lusso is a grand tourer, which means it’s a high-end, high-performance vehicle with the ability to go fast and far. It’s a high-risk vehicle to insure with these specifications.
- Theft. Ferraris are notoriously difficult to steal, but just in case, luxury vehicle insurers will include coverage for carjacking in their premiums.
- Repairs. Replacing or repairing the interior or body damage is expensive, which raises the cost of the insurance policy. Ferrari, on the other hand, has a robust warranty scheme in place to cover maintenance problems.
- Features that keep you safe. Advanced safety systems, such as anti-lock brakes, stability and traction controls, pretensioners and ignition disable, are all included in the vehicle’s safety package. These safety measures help to decrease the likelihood of an accident resulting in harm while also lowering the overall cost of insurance.
Driver factors that affect insurance rates
Providers consider your age, gender, and marital status when determining your premium. They will also take into account your driving record, including any infractions, accidents, or lawsuits. A higher rate is probable if your driving record hasn’t had any significant blemishes in the last three to five years.
Also, your credit history and list of designated drivers are taken into account by your insurance. Due to its luxurious status and expensive price, the Ferrari GTC4 Lusso attracts a great deal of attention. Most insurance companies will not cover drivers of the Lusso who are under the age of 25 or have a bad credit history or a terrible driving record.
Does the Ferrari GTC4 Lusso qualify for discounts?
Yes. These reductions may be applied to your policy by your provider, resulting in a 30 percent reduction in your insurance premiums.
- New car discount
- Antitheft discount
- Safety device discount
Reliability and safety ratings for the Ferrari GTC4 Lusso
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety have not conducted crash tests on the Ferrari GTC4 Lusso (IIHS). Although it has received many reviews, US News and JD Power have not yet given it a rating, although this is standard for high-end vehicles of this caliber.
The NHTSA has received no recalls or complaints as of yet.
Safety features include anti lock brakes, stability control, traction control, front and side impact airbags with pretensioners, LED brake lights, low tire pressure warning and parking assist as well as daytime running lights and LED brake lights. Advanced security features including a theft deterrent alert and ignition disable make it almost impossible to steal or run away with the vehicle. It features four driving modes: snow, wet, comfort, and sport, and a toggle button lets you choose between them. By purchasing additional safety measures, you may be able to lower your insurance premiums.
The GTC4 Lusso uses a lot of gasoline because of its strong V12 engine. Based on current gasoline prices and a combination of highway and city driving, Fuel Economy estimates the average annual fuel cost at $3,950. Over the course of five years, filling up the 24-gallon tank will cost you $12,000 more than filling up a new vehicle.
What you didn’t know about the award-winning Ferrari GTC4 Lusso
Luxurious is the Italian word for this Ferrari’s designation, and it really is. It received the Most Beautiful Supercar of the Year Award at the 2017 Festival Automobile International because of its meticulous attention to detail.
Ford nearly paid $10 million for Ferrari in the 1960s, a colossal sum at the time. When it became clear that Ford intended him to give up management of the Ferrari racing program, Enzo Ferrari turned down the offer. Because of this, Enzo became enraged and rushed out of the restaurant, yelling obscenities in Italian.
Compare Ferrari GTC4 Lusso competitors
Continue to look for a high-end automobile? Comparing comparable brands and models can help you make an informed decision.
The Ferrari GTC4 Lusso poses a significant insurance risk for insurers. Aston Martin is a pricey, fast vehicle that appeals to a certain demographic of automotive enthusiasts. While most insurance companies are glad to offer coverage, they defend their interests by charging higher premiums and placing additional limitations on young drivers and those with blemishes on their driving record. on their policies.
To balance off the insurance expenses, Ferrari offers a more extensive warranty and maintenance program than other premium vehicle manufacturers.
Visit our review of Ferrari FF Car Insurance Rates for another car insurance review.