Owners of the Ferrari California can testify to its durability and dependability, despite the fact that Ferrari California car insurance rates is costly. You’ll also get a comprehensive maintenance package with this luxury convertible, so you’ll be driving it for years to come.
- How do I compare insurance for the Ferrari California?
- Why is insurance so expensive for the Ferrari California?
- Does the Ferrari California qualify for discounts?
- Why is insurance so high for the Ferrari California?
- How reliable is the Ferrari California?
- Bottom line
How do I compare insurance for the Ferrari California?
This convertible’s very expensive repairs may need additional coverage if the warranty expires. Ferrari’s 7-year maintenance program, on the other hand, will assist you in maintaining your car until then.
- Body type. Because it’s a California, you may expect to pay extra for insurance because it’s a luxury convertible. This is mainly due to the expensive cost of convertibles and the fact that their soft tops are less secure than those of hardtop vehicles. In contrast to the rest of the California lineup, there’s a unique hardtop convertible option available.
- Fuel. Typical for sports vehicles, the vehicle scores between 16 and 23 mpg.
- Maintenance. The expense of maintaining an Italian supercar may quickly add up. On the other hand, California are very durable. Many automobile forums indicate that brakes and clutches have a long-term value to car owners.
- Coverage. You may wish to safeguard your investment by purchasing add-on coverage or luxury vehicle insurance in addition to the state minimum requirements. Supplements to consider include loan or lease gap, uninsured/underinsured motorist, and agreed value protection.
- Insurer options. Convertibles are typically covered by most auto insurance policies. If you choose luxury vehicle insurance, your choices may be more restricted.
- Warranty. In order to protect you from unexpected repair expenses, Ferrari provides a three-year, unlimited-mileage guarantee as well as a free seven-year maintenance plan.
Why is insurance so expensive for the Ferrari California?
As a convertible, the Ferrari California T is more expensive to insure since the absence of a hard top puts insurance companies at more risk. In addition, since this high-end model needs costly Italian replacement components, repairing it will be more expensive.
Does the Ferrari California qualify for discounts?
Due to these safety features, you may be eligible for lower insurance premiums as a result of having them installed on your vehicle.
- Anti-theft system
- Anti-lock brakes
- Electronic stability control
- Parking sensors
Why is insurance so high for the Ferrari California?
Despite the fact that you may like the concept of a sporty California, the typical insurance premium for one is rather expensive. This interest rate is influenced by the fact that:
- High MSRP. The car’s price tag is in the $200,000 range, so repairing or replacing it after an accident will be more expensive.
- Higher coverage. You’ll pay more if you decide on extra coverage or high-end auto insurance. However, in exchange for this, you’ll get more comprehensive coverage.
- Powerful engine. Your insurance provider understands that California has a strong engine designed for speed. Drivers of fast vehicles are more prone to drive at high speeds than are other motorists.
- Specialized repairs. To fix this Italian sports vehicle, you’ll likely require specialized components or the services of a Ferrari mechanic.
- Convertible top. In a collision, the vehicle’s cool top-down ride offers less protection than a regular car.
How reliable is the Ferrari California?
Owners of Ferrari California cars appreciate how little maintenance and repair work is required on the vehicles. However, there have been a few recalls on this model in the past.
- Safety. Top safety groups haven’t looked at this vehicle like NHTSA nor IIHS. That’s most likely because of the car’s high sticker price, which makes it an uncommon purchase for customers.
- Reliability. The California was designed with long-term maintenance in mind. Reviewers and forum members love it for everything from its low maintenance requirements to its few minor repair issues.
- Recalls. One hazardous low-pressure fuel line connection, an incorrectly fitted driver-side airbag, and airbag inflators that detonated upon deployment were among the recalls issued throughout the years. Recent models have addressed these problems.
The typical insurance premiums for Ferrari California are much higher than the national average. You may blame the car’s convertible body, recalls, and high-priced spare components for that. Owners, on the other hand, rave about the vehicle’s dependability and comprehensive maintenance schedule.
You may also compare it on our review of Chevrolet Corvette Insurance Rates.