The Chrysler Voyager re-entered the market in 2016 after the Grand Voyager was discontinued. In the 2020 model year, the Voyager is a Chrysler Pacifica minivan that has been reworked to include just the LXi trim level.
The average Chrysler Voyager insurance cost is estimated at $132 per month, or $1,584 per year, based on Pacifica insurance. The yearly cost-to-base insurance ratio is 5% with a start-up price of $26,985, which is somewhat more than the national average.
- How do I compare insurance for the Voyager?
- Does the Chrysler Voyager qualify for discounts?
- How reliable is the Chrysler Voyager?
- Bottom line
How do I compare insurance for the Voyager?
In 2020, Chrysler Voyager insurance will be on par with what you’d expect to pay for a small car. Although Voyager is on par with Pacifica, it will likely be deficient in gizmos and frills. Consider the following:
- Body type. Because of their sturdy construction and confident handling, minivans are among the most affordable cars to insure.
- Fuel. The Voyager town and road’s 22 mpg combined efficiency is comparable to that of other traditional minivans.
- Robbery at a high rate. Although minivans are targeted for theft less often than sedans, certain localities have higher than average rates of minivan theft.
- Car theft. is more common among Chrysler’s brands than any other, according to the Pacifica’s 2008 ranking as the country’s seventh most popular vehicle.
- Maintenance. The cost of maintaining this car seems to be low. Some companies may provide cheaper insurance rates if you keep your vehicle in good condition and do preventive maintenance on it.
- Coverage. Depending on how frequently you drive and where you live and park your bussy, you’ll need different levels of coverage. Finance your vehicle, and collision and comprehensive coverage are also required.
- Warranty. Chrysler offers a three-year, 36,000-mile standard warranty as well as a five-year, 60,000-mile powertrain warranty. In addition, it offers roadside assistance so that you may forego this kind of insurance coverage entirely.
- A low-cost producer. In addition, Chrysler offered customers a $750 cash refund and a 0% APR on financing for 36 months at the time of this writing.
Does the Chrysler Voyager qualify for discounts?
It is true that certain of the usual insurance savings are applicable to Voyager, such as:
- Anti-theft discount
- Anti-lock brake discount
- Passive restraint discount
How reliable is the Chrysler Voyager?
It’s possible that the Voyager’s safety and dependability will be rated similarly now that it’s Pacific.
- Safety. The Highway Safety Institute has named Chrysler Pacifica 2019 as one of the best safest cars you can buy, and it’s possible the vehicle could get top safety ratings. Five stars were given by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The blind spot monitoring system, rear cross track detection, and parking assistance are all included as standard equipment on the Voyager.
- Reliability. J.D. Power and US News gave the 2019 Chrysler Pacifica a reliability rating of 3 out of 5 stars, placing it in the middle of the field. In the same way, the Voyager may be considered to be the same.
- Recalls. Fiat Chrysler has recalled over 200,000 Pacificas between 2017 and 2019 due to steering issues, and Voyager 2020 may be affected.
The Chrysler Voyager has the same mini-fans as the Chrysler Pacifica, indicating that it’s an excellent all-around vehicle. A little more expensive than usual, Voyager’s insurance rates highly in safety testing and selects a safe route.
For another car insurance review, visit our review of Chrysler Pacifica Car Insurance Rates.