The BMW XB7 is positioned as a luxury sport utility vehicle (SUV) with high insurance costs. While BMW costs US$ 187 per month or US$ 2234 per year, the Alpina XB7 costs almost US$ 900 more per year than the national average. If your insurance premium is the same as the typical BMW, your yearly vehicle insurance cost-to-base ratio will be only 1.5 percent lower than the national average of 4 percent, with a projection of $142,695.
- How do I compare insurance for the BMW XB7?
- Does the Alpina XB7 qualify for discounts?
- Why is insurance so expensive for the BMW XB7?
- How reliable is the BMW Alpina XB7?
- Bottom line
How do I compare insurance for the BMW XB7?
High levels of efficiency and a luxurious cabin are standard on the BMW X7’s quick and powerful variant. Comparing XB7 insurance requires considering the factors listed below:
- Body type. Because of its size and high potential for damage, the XB7 is a dangerous vehicle.
- Fuel. Although Alpina has not yet released MPG figures for this SUV, a 4.4-liter V-8 twin turbo engine is expected to be available, suggesting that fuel economy is a top focus for the company.
- Theft rates. According to IIHS, the similar 2019 BMW X7 scored better in safety due to its superior safety features and an assault on the keyless entry system of the car’s relay.. No previously released thief data may be used in the development of this new model.
- Maintenance. Parts for BMW Alpina are often imported and maintained at a high cost.
- Coverage. As with any premium vehicle, the XB7 may need additional coverage, such as uninsured or underinsured engine insurance, covering for gaps, and expensive repairs.
- Insurer options. It’s possible that the luxury insurance you need may limit your options.
- Warranty. The Alpina XB7 comes with a 12-year corrosion warranty and a 4-year, 50,000-mile BMW warranty as standard. Four years of warranty and kilometer-long, round-the-clock customer service are included.
Does the Alpina XB7 qualify for discounts?
The entire range of XB7 discounts will be unavailable until the SUV is available, but you’ll save just as much with:
- Anti Lock brakes
- Antitheft system
- Front-impact airbags
- Side-impact airbags
- Knee airbags
- Overhead airbags
- Stability control
Why is insurance so expensive for the BMW XB7?
Insurance prices for the BMW X7 are expected to surpass those for the XB7, but not by much. The XB7’s sticker price is astronomical, indicating a hefty cost of insurance to own one of them. Faster top speeds, more powerful engines, and increased road hazards are all hallmarks of an Alpine-tuned BMW.
How reliable is the BMW Alpina XB7?
In the absence of real data from this model, you could look for BMW X7 security and reliability parameters that are comparable.
- Safety. In 2020, the IIHS rated the BMW X5 as a top-security choice. This vehicle has not yet been put through its paces.
- Reliability. Drivers of Alpina-tuned vehicles may still be trusted on older models because of the high performance requirements and specialized abilities required.
- Recalls. Even though the NHTSA has issued recalls in the past for BMW SUVs, no such recalls have been issued for Alpina cars in the previous five years.
The luxurious features of the Alpina XB7, along with its high-performance drivetrain, allow drivers to get the lowest possible vehicle insurance rates. Also, before searching for similar vehicle models, be sure you’re getting the best deal.
For another car insurance review, visit our review of BMW X5 Car Insurance Rates.