It costs $2,913.36 a year for a 2019 BMW 6 Series car insurance on average $242.78 monthly. However, factors like your driving record, vehicle type, and location all have an effect on how much you’ll pay.
- How to compare insurance for the BMW 6 Series
- What factors affect car insurance rates for BMW 6 Series?
- How do trim packages and extra build options affect insurance cost?
- BMW 6 Series money-saving safety features
- Does the BMW 6 Series qualify for auto insurance discounts?
- How reliable is the BMW 6 Series?
- BMW 6 Series maintenance
- Is an extended warranty worth it for the BMW 6 Series?
- How safe is the BMW 6 Series?
- About the BMW 6 Series
- Compare BMW competitors
How to compare insurance for the BMW 6 Series
Your state often requires auto insurance even if you don’t live in New Hampshire or Virginia. Comparing insurance policies may be a challenge since various providers use the same language to assess your options based on different policy details. Knowing exactly what you are searching for makes things a lot simpler. Remember these buying criteria before making your next purchase.
- Price. When comparing prices from several suppliers, be sure you provide the same details about the driver and the vehicle. The identical insurance coverage prices may be compared.
- Deductible. Greater insurance premiums mean lesser take-home pay, while lower premiums mean more money in your pocket. Decide on a dollar amount that is within your means.
- Minimum protection required. In your country, insurance is required and very likely. Check your state’s minimum requirements before purchasing an insurance.
- More information will be provided in the future. Additional protection may take various forms, with personal injury insurance and health insurance being only two. If you think you’ll need more coverage, be sure to mention it while you’re getting quotes.
- Extras. Features and benefits set one policy apart from another. See what’s included and what you’ll have to pay extra for.
- Restrictions. Some service providers impose restrictions on the coverage they may provide. Check for any coverage claims or gaps that should be addressed to avoid having claims denied.
- Manufacturers may reward loyal customers with promotions or discounts. Find out whether your manufacturer has any insurance savings or special offers.
- Warranty. Find out about the coverage and/or expansion offered by your manufacturer to avoid paying for services twice.
What factors affect car insurance rates for BMW 6 Series?
The cost of car insurance may be affected by a variety of factors, as you are well aware. When figuring up your rates, the car you drive is important, but so are your qualities as a driver and your job title as well. This is due to the fact that the rates of theft, security measures, and other factors differ from vehicle to car. As a result, the cost of insurance may be influenced by the specifications of a BMW 6 series vehicle.
- Body type. The 445-horsepower 6-series 2-door coupe engine powers this 2-door coupe. The four-door variant may be less expensive to insure, but higher fees may apply.
- The make and model of the vehicle. The BMW 6 series is a high-end car. Luxury. The cost of building and maintaining the kind of vehicles that might contribute to an increase in the rate is considerable.
- Theft. Theft of cars and sedans is far less often than theft of cuttings. As a result, two-door vehicles may be less expensive than four-door versions.
- Repairs. However, even though BMWs have a good reputation for dependability, parts and servicing may be very costly. Increased premiums are a possibility for those who are covered by the policy.
- Safety scores. At this time, the 6 series does not have any official IIHS or NHTSA safety ratings. BMWs, on the other hand, have a solid reputation as dependable and safe vehicles that may help keep insurance premiums down.
How do trim packages and extra build options affect insurance cost?
Your insurance costs are mostly determined by your capacity to make claims and the price of your coverage. While your driving history and location may be impacted by this risk, your choice of vehicle is much more impactful. Your design choices may have an impact on your risk profile, as well as the differences in features and performance across different brands and models. Insurance costs for the BMW 650i xDrive Coupe may be lowered by removing optional trims and accessories.
- Gran Coupe. Family vehicles will benefit from the grain cutoff’s more seats and reduced engine output. Thus, insurance with a lower premium may be more affordable as a result of the decreased cost of the car itself.
- Cabriolet. The cabriolet is less secure in the event of a rollaway compared to the other six models. It’s possible that insurance premiums may go up as a result of this.
- Great sightseeing. Families and other drivers who want to travel in safety will appreciate the 4-door sport back’s features. This may lower the cost of auto insurance.
- Executive Package. There are a number of components in this package that may improve visibility and reduce accident risk. By including it, insurance costs may be kept to a minimum.
- M Sport Edition. Driver assistance is one of the many features included in this package to help keep you safe behind the wheel. By selecting this alternative, you’ll save money on your insurance.
- Technology Package. This package includes features including blind spot recognition, lane departure warning, and automatic emergency braking. Car insurance may be more affordable if visibility is improved.
BMW 6 Series money-saving safety features
If your BMW 6 series is equipped with these safety features, you may be able to save money on your auto insurance.
- Anti-lock brakes
- Anti-theft device
- Parking sensors
- Surround view camera system
- Daytime running lights
- Electronic stability control
- Seatbelt pretensioners
- Rear backup sensors
- Lane-departure warning systems
- Adaptive cruise control
Does the BMW 6 Series qualify for auto insurance discounts?
Your car’s auto insurance savings may vary based on the provider you choose. It is possible, however, that the actual savings you get will be different depending on your location, provider, preferences, and other factors For the BMW 6 Series, here are a few of them:
- New car discount
- Anti-lock brake discount
- Anti-theft discount
- Passive restraint discount (Airbags, motorized seat belts, etc.)
- Emergency roadside assistance discount
How reliable is the BMW 6 Series?
This year’s BMW 6 Series was given an overall confidence rating of 3.0/5 stars in US laws by US News as well as JD Power. It’s a step forward from most other vehicles, but it’s still not the best in its class.
The BMW 6 Series has had several recalls since its introduction.
- 2017. A small number of 2017 BMW 6 series cars were recalled because of a problem with the airbag inflator, which would not activate in the event of a collision.
- 2016. Several 2016 BMW 6 Series models have had their licenses cancelled because of gasoline leaks or a faulty fuel pump.
- 2011. There were just a few 2011 6 series convertibles available due to problems with the water pump system, which may lead to overheating and potentially a fire.
Despite being in development since the late 1970s, there aren’t many issues with the 6-series. Some owners complain of stalling issues, early wear, and broken lights, however this does not seem to be the case.
BMW 6 Series maintenance
The 6th Series, like other high-end BMWs, provides a pleasant and dependable driving experience. If you want to keep it going, you don’t have to do anything other than make frequent servicing appointments. Although BMW parts and services may be pricey, routine maintenance can assist to keep repair costs down. Here’s what to anticipate from oil changes, mileage, service intervals, and other vehicle maintenance tasks.
- Every 10,000 miles or 12 months, BMW provides oil changes. The frequency with which you replace your car’s oil may vary greatly based on how you use it.
- There will be a $100-$200 range in the price of the oil.
- For a 2017 BMW 650i xDrive Coupe, the average fuel economy is 19 mpg, with 16 mpg in the city and 24 mpg on the highway.
- The 2018 BMW 650i x Drive Gran Coupe gets an EPA-estimated 18 mpg city, 25 highway, and 15 combined.
- The usual warranty period for the 2018 BMW 6 Series is four years or 50.000 miles.
- The most recent BMW models are equipped with an interval indication and a conditional services system. Both systems keep tabs on your car and alert you when components need to be replaced or the vehicle needs to be serviced.
Is an extended warranty worth it for the BMW 6 Series?
Six-series BMW offers a four-year, 50 thousand-mile warranty that covers both faulty components and issues caused by poor servicing. Free roadside assistance and a corrosion guarantee are also provided. Components and servicing for the 6 series may be expensive, but the basic warranty is excellent value. Renewal of the guarantee may be comforting after the first coverage expires. The service is provided by trained BMW experts, OEM replacements, mechanical fail-off towing, and so on.
BMW Ultimate Care, a three-year/36,000-mile component repair plan, is available to owners of eligible six-series cars. Additional maintenance plans with longer service intervals are available for a fee.
How safe is the BMW 6 Series?
For the time being, the BMW 6 Series does not have any recognized safety ratings. The outstanding safety features and high crash test scores of BMWs are well known, though.
About the BMW 6 Series
Despite being available from 1976, the BMW 6 series was only completed in 1989. The six-series car was revived in 2003 and is currently in its third iteration. Big luxury vehicle with a high performance engine and a modern interior design.
Compare BMW competitors
Explore several BMW models or see what others offer.
There are several uses for the 6 Series, including a sedan, a four-door saloon, and a sporty four-door coupe. Like other BMWs, the 6 Series includes a number of high-tech security and driver-assistance features that may help drivers save money on their vehicle insurance. You should compare your options to get the best insurance and service provider for you since the price you pay may vary in many ways.
You may compare and check out our review of Audi A7 Insurance Rates.