The annual cost for a 2021 BMW 4 Series car insurance is $2,653.80, or $222.15 per month. It’s still true that your real prices are determined by variables like your driving history, vehicle type, and location.
- How to compare insurance for the BMW 4 Series
- Why is insurance so expensive for the BMW 4 Series?
- What factors affect car insurance rates for BMW 4 Series?
- How do trim packages and extra build options affect insurance cost?
- BMW 4 Series money-saving safety features
- Does the BMW 4 Series qualify for auto insurance discounts?
- How reliable is the BMW 4 Series?
- BMW 4 Series maintenance
- Is an extended warranty worth it for the BMW 4 Series?
- How safe is the BMW 4 Series?
- Compare BMW competitors
- Bottom line
How to compare insurance for the BMW 4 Series
Automobile insurance that may cause problems when you go shopping. Even though many companies use the same term, they all claim to provide the best pricing and have different policy characteristics to differentiate themselves. Because vehicle insurance is required by law in 48 states, there are ways to save money even if you can’t avoid buying it. There are a lot of things to consider while getting estimates from different vendors so you can properly evaluate your options. Here are a few things to keep in mind.
- Price. To accurately compare prices, you must provide the same information for each quote you receive. These coverage options can then be sorted according to cost.
- Deductible. If you file a claim, you’ll likely need a larger monthly allowance, even if your annual allowance is higher. A higher deductible will save you money when you need to file a claim, but you’ll pay more each month because of it.
- Minimum protection required. New Hampshire and Virginia are the only states without a statewide minimum requirement. Before you get insurance, please be certain that all of these conditions are fulfilled.
- More information will be provided in the future. If your insurance doesn’t provide enough protection in typical situations, you may want to consider getting additional coverage to help pay for medical expenses or cover personal injury claims. When requesting quotes, be sure to mention these choices.
- Extras. Extras like forgiveness for accidents and assistance on and off the road may offer comfort if they are enacted into law. Find out what you must pay for and what you are entitled to free of charge.
- Restrictions. If you’re not aware of coverage limitations, they may result in denied claims or coverage gaps. Before you get behind the wheel, confirm with your insurance company whether or not your coverage is restricted.
- Manufacturers provide or discount their products. Find out whether you are eligible for loyalty rewards or perks by contacting your distributor.
- Warranty. Find out whether your manufacturer offers any additional coverage or warranties to avoid any duplication.
Why is insurance so expensive for the BMW 4 Series?
Because the BMW 4 Series’ base model is a 2-door sports car, it’s more expensive because it poses a greater insurance risk. In spite of its lower price, it still considers a luxury car made up of foreign components.
What factors affect car insurance rates for BMW 4 Series?
While your driving record and where you live may have an impact on your auto insurance rates, your actual driving behavior has a far greater impact. Insurance companies evaluate your claim-filing risk and cost rates. The cost of car insurance is mostly determined by the vehicle you drive, owing to factors like theft, damage, and maintenance costs. As you can see, there are a few things to consider while buying a BMW 3 series.
- Body type. The standard 4 series vehicle is a two-door performance coupe. It may be more expensive to maintain its power and adaptability by driving with a greater level of risk.
- The make and model of the vehicle. BMW is well-known for its high-end vehicles, and the 3 Series is no exception. Insuring one of these vehicles may be very pricey.
- Theft. Trucks and cars are more often targeted for theft than cups. Insurance for the two-door and convertible models should be less expensive than for the four-door Gran Coupe.
- Repairs. However, although BMW has facilities in the United States, parts and maintenance are expensive, and insurance rates may rise in the future as a result thereof.
- Ratings on the level of safety. Despite the lack of a formal safety rating for the 4 Series, most BMWs meet or exceed industry standards for crash resistance and advanced safety technology. You may be able to save money on your insurance.
How do trim packages and extra build options affect insurance cost?
Since every brand and model is unique in terms of performance, safety, and other factors, the cost of your car insurance is critical. Trimmings and packaging may have a significant impact on insurance costs in addition to manufacturing and modeling. Here’s how the 430i standard cuts impact your price when using different construction choices:
- xDrive. BMW’s unique all-wheel drive system, xDrive, enhances both traction and handling. Choosing this option will save you money on insurance.
- 440i. Power and pricing increases may contribute to a rise in the cost of that model.
- Convertible. Because most convertibles lack a rigid structure, such as cuts, they are unable to withstand the impact of an accident. As a consequence, insurance may become prohibitively costly.
- Gran Coupe. Four-door sedans serve a different purpose than coupes: they’re built for families and everyday use. Although insurance costs may be reduced as a result, vehicles are stolen much more often than would be the case if the opposite effect were implemented.
- Convenience Tier. This option allows you to turn on blind area detection. Insurance costs may be reduced if you include it.
- Executive level. Autonomous high beams, parking assistance, and adjustable lighting are all included in the Executive level. Automobile insurance may be less expensive if visibility is improved.
- Package for track handling. This group’s features may enhance management while also lowering insurance costs.
- Package of driving aid. Drivers, passengers, and vehicles may all benefit from this package’s increased safety while also increasing the cost of car insurance.
BMW 4 Series money-saving safety features
The BMW 4 series’ safety features may help you save money on your car insurance.
- Anti-lock brakes
- Anti-theft device
- Parking sensors
- Surround view camera system
- Daytime running lights
- Electronic stability control
- Seatbelt pretensioners
- Rear backup sensors
- Lane-departure warning systems
- Adaptive cruise control
Does the BMW 4 Series qualify for auto insurance discounts?
Depending on the insurance company you choose, your vehicle may qualify for various insurance discounts. Your actual discounts, on the other hand, may differ based on your location, provider, preferences, and other factors. Some of the following should apply to the BMW 4 Series:
- New car discount
- Anti-lock brake discount
- Anti-theft discount
- Passive restraint discount (Airbags, motorized seat belts, etc.)
- Emergency roadside assistance discount
How reliable is the BMW 4 Series?
Despite the fact that the four seasons have been available since 2014, a lot of memories have colored their creation.
- 2018. Some four-series models were recalled because of a problem with the emergency retractor locking mechanism, which may prevent seatbelts from properly restraining passengers in a collision.
- 2017. Certain 2017 BMW 4 Series models were recalled due to a problem with the side airbag inflators.
Online requests are very uncommon. Though some owners complained about the car’s loud brakes, it doesn’t seem to be a problem for many others. This suggests that even though the vehicle has been in production since 2014, there haven’t been any major problems with it.
BMW 4 Series maintenance
The BMW 4 series is a versatile sedan that can be used for errands around town, road trips, or just getting about town. There is relatively less maintenance required on the four-series compared to other BMW vehicles, saving you time. Routine maintenance, on the other hand, may extend the life of your vehicle and keep it in good working order. The oil changes, service contracts and other needs are covered here.
- According to BMW, you should have your oil changed every 10,000 miles or one year, whichever comes first. Changing the oil in your car may be something you want to do more often if you use it a lot.
- A typical price for an oil change should be between $100 and $200.
The 2018 430i has an average fuel economy of 27 mpg city, 24 mpg highway, and 34 mpg combined. The vehicle is a 430i by default.
- The BMW 430i Coupe has a combined fuel economy of 25 mpg on the highway and 21 mpg in town.
- The BMW 430i xDrive has an average city mileage of 27 miles per gallon and a highway mileage of 33 miles per gallon.
- The usual warranty period for the 2018 BMW 4 Series is four years or 50,000 kilometers.
- A conditional servicing system and an interval indication are standard equipment on new BMWs. Both systems keep tabs on your vehicle and alert you when parts need to be replaced or when it’s time to put it to use.
Is an extended warranty worth it for the BMW 4 Series?
BMW’s standard warranty covers the 4 series for four years or 50,000 miles. Free roadside assistance, an independent corrosion guarantee, and free roadside component replacement are all part of the package. Additional security is provided by the extended warranty in the form of maintenance by BMW-trained specialists, OEM component replacement, as well as free mechanical towing.
A three-year free maintenance package for 4 series BMWs, including a 36,000-mile service, is known as BMW Ultimate Care. Plan extensions are also available, however they come at an additional cost.
How safe is the BMW 4 Series?
The IIHS and NHTSA have not yet given the 4 Series an official safety grade. However, many contemporary BMW vehicles have excellent safety records, with some even receiving the prestigious IIHS Safety Award of the Year for their outstanding performance. With its superior safety and crash resistance, the 4-series could help you save money on your auto insurance premiums.
Compare BMW competitors
Learn about more BMW models, or browse different manufacturers.
The BMW 4 Series is a premium sports car with two body styles: a convertible and a sedan. Auto insurance is made easier with a variety of great safety features that aren’t yet officially rated. There are many factors that may influence your spending, so it’s important to weigh your options carefully to stay within your allocated budget.
You may check out our review of Audi A5 Insurance Rates.