The 2020 Audi SQ8 is an improved version of the Q8 that was previously unveiled. It’s the same size and shape as the Q8, but with a more powerful engine. It’s already available in Europe as a high-performance diesel model, and it should arrive in the United States by the beginning of 2020. In spite of its high performance, the Audi SQ8 remains an affordable luxury SUV to insure. At the current rate of inflation, SQ8 insurance is projected to be approximately $200 a month ($2,400 yearly). In comparison to the national average of 4%, the insurance cost percentage of 2% has a base price of over $100,000.
- How do I compare insurance for the SQ8?
- Does the Audi SQ8 qualify for discounts?
- How reliable is the Audi SQ8?
- Bottom line
How do I compare insurance for the SQ8?
Car premium insurance is more costly than regular vehicle insurance because of the higher repair and maintenance costs associated with high-end automobiles. Audi SQ8 insurance rates are influenced by a number of variables in addition to their premium status.
- Body type. The Audi SQ8 is a high-performance luxury SUV with a higher insurance premium than similar models. Larger SUVs have a higher risk of large-scale accidents due to their greater raw power. Higher rates are also present.
- Fuel. In contrast to the diesel version for European countries, the US version is anticipated to feature a V6 petrol turbo-powered engine. No US version statistics were provided, although the SQ8 diesel still achieved above 30 mpg. Fortunately, gas cars are less expensive than diesel or electric vehicles in most cases.
- Theft rates are on the rise. With such low theft rates, insurance costs for Audi vehicles in the US are kept low.
- Maintenance. Even though the SQ8 is more expensive, maintaining an Audi is no different from maintaining a similar luxury vehicle.
- Coverage. Your SQ8 will almost certainly need a msrp over $100,000 in insurance. This should include comprehensive and collision coverage, as well as a property damage liability maximum of $100,000 for uninsured motorists.
- Warranty. Audi offers a 4-year/50,000-mile warranty on all new vehicles. You don’t have to purchase any additional coverage since the guarantee includes unlimited emergency roadside help.
- Offer from the manufacturer. Audi often provides special deals on new models, such as rebates and reduced APRs. Contact your local Audi dealership to see how much you may save.
Does the Audi SQ8 qualify for discounts?
It’s true that drivers of the SQ8 Audi may save money on their auto insurance for a variety of reasons. Depending on your model, specifics will differ. Your insurance provider will provide specific discounts.
- Passive restraint discount
- Active restraint discount
- Anti Lock brake discount
- Antitheft system discount
- Airbag discount
- Seatbelt pretensioner discount
How reliable is the Audi SQ8?
Official performance numbers for the SQ8 have yet to be released, but they should be the same as those for the 2019 Audi Q8, the SQ8’s sister vehicle.
- Safety. An Audi Q8 received five-star safety ratings from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and was awarded the top safety choice by the Institute of Highway Safety. The SQ8, which will save money on insurance, should have almost double the safety ratings as the previous model.
- Reliability. J.D. Power gave the 2019 Q8 a dependability rating of 3.5 out of 5 stars. The 2020 SQ8 is anticipated to perform at least as well as the SQ7, but not better than 4 out of 5 stars. A high-end car may get away with a dependability rating of 3.5 stars.
- Recalls. 2019’s Q8 did not have any recalls, however 2019’s SQ5 and Q5 both had minor wheel cover recalls due to frayed trim.
The 2020 Audi SQ8 is more powerful than the Q8, yet it’s also less expensive to purchase and insure than the Q8. High levels of security and low intended theft rates help to keep premium vehicle insurance premiums for the SQ8 relatively low, but the luxury SUV’s maintenance and repair costs may be high.
Make sure you get several insurance rates for your Audi SQ8 before settling on a final policy.
Visit our review of Audi Q8 Car Insurance Rates for another car insurance review.