The Audi SQ5 is a very affordable premium SUV from Audi. It costs an average of $132 a month or $1,584 a year to insure an Audi SQ5, which is a bit more than the national average of $1,308. 2% of the yearly car price-base insurance ratio is much lower than the national average of 4% at $115.900.
Audi’s SQ5 combines luxury and performance with the Q5’s clean aesthetics and strong construction. The Quattro 4-wheel drive system and performance tuning give this better-than-ever Audi crossover SUV more than 350 horsepower. However, despite its strong engine, auto insurance may be less expensive than you had anticipated. To get a price quote, use a state-by-state directory of car insurance providers.
- How to compare insurance for the Audi SQ5?
- What factors affect car insurance rates for Audi SQ5?
- How do trim packages and extra build options affect insurance cost?
- Audi SQ5 money-saving safety features
- Does the Audi SQ5 qualify for auto insurance discounts?
- How reliable is the Audi SQ5?
- Audi SQ5 maintenance
- Extended warranty for the Audi SQ5?
- How safe is the Audi SQ5?
- About the Audi SQ5
- Compare Audi competitors
- Bottom line
How to compare insurance for the Audi SQ5?
The process of obtaining auto insurance is time-consuming and costly, yet it is required in all states except New Hampshire and Virginia. If you are in an accident, having sufficient coverage may give you comfort and save you money and time.
Covering the Audi SQ5 should be simple, but finding the best insurer may be difficult. When looking for insurance, keep the following factors in mind:
- Price. Only if you get similar coverage estimates can you use price as a good tool for evaluating your insurance needs. Make a sample insurance policy with the coverage you want, and then shop around for the best deal from several insurance companies.
- Deductible. Your insurance prices may be directly influenced by your deductible amount. In general, a higher deduction results in cheaper monthly rates, while a smaller deduction raises your cost each month.
- Minimum coverage. Except for New Hampshire and Virginia, every state has a bare minimum of health insurance coverage. Before purchasing insurance, be certain that all of the legal requirements in your nation have been fulfilled.
- Additional coverage. Many insurance companies now provide extra coverage choices like PIP (Personal Injury Protection) and uninsured motorist coverage in addition to standard coverage. When obtaining quotes, make sure these factors are taken into consideration so that insurance can be appropriately compared.
- Extras. Glass repair and accident forgiveness are two insurance options you may not discover while looking for coverage. If these characteristics are important to you, you must include them in your quotations.
- Restrictions. Look into your provider’s coverage limitations before purchasing insurance. This may help you prevent having your insurance claims denied or having coverage gaps appear.
- Manufacturer offers or loyalty discounts. Check to see whether any of Audi’s agreements qualify you for manufacturer discounts or loyalty benefits.
- Warranty. Find out what your manufacturer’s or extended warranty covers so you don’t have to pay twice for the same thing.
What factors affect car insurance rates for Audi SQ5?
When determining your car insurance rates, insurance companies take a variety of factors into consideration. Auto insurance claims handling and premiums are affected by every vehicle.
However, despite the SQ5’s strong engine and sporty appearance, its excellent safety features and driver assistance systems may lower insurance costs. Here are a few variables that may have an effect on Audi SQ5 insurance rates.
- Body type. The SQ5 is a sport utility vehicle/crossover designed for use on public highways, private roads, gravel roads, and other types of terrain. Because of its sturdy construction, it may be able to save you money on insurance.
- Type of car. The Theft SQ5 is a high-performance luxury car with impressive power and comfort. Because of its high levels of performance and reputation as a luxury car, expect to pay more for it.
- Theft. SUVs are less likely to be stolen than sports cars or sedans, therefore their insurance costs may be cheaper.
- Repairs. Repairing high-end sports cars may be quite costly, therefore its owners may face increased insurance costs.
- Safety ratings. Even though neither the NHTSA nor the IIHS have officially rated the SQ5, it was awarded the 2017 Top Safety Pick for the Q5. Because of the similarities between the two vehicles, auto insurance rates may be lowered.
How do trim packages and extra build options affect insurance cost?
Despite the fact that drivers and geographical variables may influence your chances of being in an accident or making a claim, vehicle-specific components are usually much more important. Because each vehicle is unique, the performance, safety, and other characteristics may differ based on the manufacturer and model.
However, in addition to the vehicle you choose, the construction choices you make may impact your car’s performance. The pricing of your Audi SQ5 3.0 TFSI Premium Plus may be affected by the variation in options.
- Prestige. Among the amenities included in this package are a virtual cockpit, navigation, a vehicle park with video system, and more. Insurance expenses may be reduced with better visibility.
- S sport package. This package features a sport air suspension system and a performance rear differential as standard equipment for your vehicle.. Insurance rates may be reduced as a consequence of better handling.
- Dynamic steering. You may be able to reduce your insurance costs by improving your vehicle’s handling with dynamic steering.
- Rear passenger airbags. By adding this feature, you may be able to save money on your vehicle insurance since your car will be safer.
- Driver assistance package. This package includes a variety of conveniences including cruise control, lane assist, and traffic sign recognition. By including it, you may be able to save money on your insurance.
Audi SQ5 money-saving safety features
If your Audi SQ5 is fitted with these safety features, you may be able to save money on your auto insurance.
- Daytime running lights
- Anti Lock brakes
- Antitheft device
- Surround camera system
- Parking sensors
- Rear backup sensors
- LED fog lights
- Electronic stability control
- Seatbelt pretensioners
Does the Audi SQ5 qualify for auto insurance discounts?
Depending on the insurer you choose, your cars may be eligible for special auto insurance discounts. However, depending on your location, provider, tastes, and other factors, you may be able to save money. The following are some real-world instances that may be applied to the Audi SQ5:
- New car discount
- Anti Lock brake discount
- Antitheft discount
- Passive restraint discount — airbags, motorized seat belts, for example
- Emergency roadside assistance discount
How reliable is the Audi SQ5?
Since the SQ5 has only been on the market for a short period, no official dependability ratings can be provided at this time. Despite this, American News and JD Power give the Q5 a 3-star overall rating, which is about average for cars in its class.
Only two recalls have occurred since the SQ5 went into production in 2013, and both occurred in August of 2021. Some 2014-2015 Audi SQ5 cars built between May 22, 2013, and April 14, 2015, have been recalled due to a power steering system issue that may cause the vehicle to shut down in cooler conditions. Due to problems with the body, seat, and rear axle assemblies, certain SQ5 vehicles from 2018–2019 had to be recalled in 2019.
There aren’t many complaints about the Audi SQ5, which may be attributable to the model’s recent manufacturing. As a consequence, many Audi vehicles degrade in performance or mileage over time due to carbon buildup. Regular service visits, on the other hand, typically prevent this issue.
Audi SQ5 maintenance
The SQ5 can handle a wide range of terrain. Be it on paved or gravel roads, this car is designed to be comfortable and dependable. Keep up with it, and you’ll get the most out of your SQ5 during routine maintenance visits. These are the expected oil changes, maintenance schedules, mileage, and other statistics. This is a high-level summary.
- Audi recommends changing the oil every 10,000 miles or 12 months, whichever comes first. If you drive a lot, you may choose a more frequent replacement.
- A SQ5’s oil change may cost anything from $100 to $250. The exact price is determined on where you live and how long it’s been since your last oil change.
- Audi’s Maintenance Plan 2017 stipulates that your SQ5 should be serviced for minor repairs every 10,000 miles for the first two years, and then every 20,000 miles afterwards. Standard maintenance should be performed after the first 20,000 miles and then every 20,000 miles after that.
- The 2018 Audi SQ5 has an average fuel economy of 21 mpg (city 19 and state 24).
- The 2017 Audi SQ5 comes with a four-year, 50,000-mile warranty and free 24-hour roadside assistance for the first year.
Extended warranty for the Audi SQ5?
The SQ5 50,000-mile Audi New Vehicle Limited Warranty includes a standard four-year Audi SQ5. This covers component and service issues as well as access to roadside assistance seven days a week, 24 hours a day. Audi also offers a Certified Limited Warranty on pre-owned vehicles for two years or 50,000 miles.
Audi vehicles are well-known for their dependability, but upkeep can be a hassle, particularly in more expensive models. Having an extended warranty may provide you further protection after your original warranty expires, giving you a sense of security when your car is finally ready to be driven.
How safe is the Audi SQ5?
The NHTSA gives the 2017 Audi SQ5 a top safety rating of 4 out of 5 stars. When it came to side crashes, it scored a perfect 5, when it came to front collisions, a perfect 4, and when it came to rolling over a perfect 5.
About the Audi SQ5
The Audi SQ5 was first sold in Europe in 1996. In addition to excellent noise isolation, the new model has a beautiful interior as well as straightforward performance. The Highway Safety Institute and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration have not yet assessed the 2017 safety model.
Safety ratings, robbery rates, replacement prices, and general damage susceptibility all have a role in Audi SQ5 insurance costs. The cost of car insurance varies according to a driver’s history and location. Buyers should shop around for insurance quotes from a variety of providers before making a purchasing decision. Buyers of the Audi SQ5 should also investigate their insurance options to determine if they qualify for any discounts.
Compare Audi competitors
Investigate what Audi has to offer or look for cars that are comparable to the Audi SQ5.
Audi’s Q5 crossover SUV model, the SQ5, is a more powerful and sportier version. The SQ5 adds a number of helpful and attractive features to the Q5’s impressive array of safety and driver aid technologies.
Despite the fact that the engine is more powerful, you may find that your car insurance premiums are cheaper than you anticipated. See what you can get for your money by comparing your options and shopping around.
For additional car insurance reviews, check out our review of Alfa Romeo Stelvio Car Insurance Rates.