The Audi S3‘s high-performance premium A3 sports car. Several safety features and driver assistance technologies are included on the S3, like with other Audi models, to make driving safer and more pleasant. These safety measures may also help you save money on your car insurance. This translates to about $1,584 in annual premiums for an Audi S3, which is approximately $250 higher than the national average of $1,318.
However, there are a lot of factors that may affect how much vehicle insurance costs. Some factors to consider are your driving experience, the car’s design, and where you live. If you live in California, you can expect to pay an average of $1.962 a month, while Idahoans will only pay an average of $1.053. As a result, before selecting a policy and a provider, you should carefully weigh your options.
- How to compare insurance for the Audi S3
- What factors affect car insurance rates for Audi S3?
- How do trim packages and extra build options affect insurance cost?
- Audi S3 money-saving safety features
- Does the Audi S3 qualify for auto insurance discounts?
- How reliable is the Audi S3?
- Audi S3 maintenance
- Is an extended warranty worth it for the Audi S3?
- How safe is the Audi S3?
- About the Audi S3
- Compare Audi competitors
- Bottom line
How to compare insurance for the Audi S3
The S3 is a high-tech sedan designed for commuting, commuting, and daily use. Because of its stunning appearance and comprehensive set of standard safety and driver-assistance systems, you can rest easy knowing you’re well-protected. Nevertheless, looking for auto insurance coverage may be a difficult task, similar to looking for other kinds of coverage.
Knowing what you want in an Audi S3 car insurance policy can help you narrow your search. Create a sample policy for all your choices, and then get quotes from multiple providers using the template. This is important information for you to be aware of. This is important information for you to be aware of.
- Price. Prices are an important factor to take into account, but they are not always accurate. Despite the fact that plans may seem to be similar, the coverage provided by different vendors may differ. Obtaining several quotes on your example policy is the most straightforward method to compare prices. Using this method, you may compare two sets of insurance policies side by side and get accurate results.
- Deductible. Your insurance costs may go up or down depending on how much you save. A higher deductible may be more expensive when filing a claim, but it will almost always result in lower insurance premiums. On the other hand, a lower deductible may save money in the long run, but it will result in higher monthly premiums.
- The bare minimum in terms of coverage. The majority of nations have minimum standards for health insurance coverage enacted into law. Before you get insurance, be certain that your state’s requirements are fulfilled.
- Extra information. Make certain that your sample insurance includes a better quote if you need extra coverage, such as protection against personal injury or medical expenses.
- Extras. Certain insurance companies provide policy add-ons like accident and roadside assistance. If they aren’t already covered in your insurance, think about whether or not it’s worth it to you to get it.
- Restrictions. Some service providers have coverage limits that apply whether you’re driving or not. To prevent denied claims or coverage gaps, see whether any of these conditions apply to your policy.
- Offers from the manufacturer or rewards for being loyal are two examples of discounts. If you have insurance provider connections, check with your distributor to see if you qualify for any discounts or loyalty programs.
- Warranty. To avoid paying for duplicate coverage, find out what your manufacturer or extended warranty covers.
What factors affect car insurance rates for Audi S3?
The Audi S3 has a battery life of over 300 hours despite its compact size, making it ideal for commuting to and from work or other destinations. Despite the fact that it is not an Audi R8, the strong engine and sporty exterior may make insurance more expensive. It does, however, include excellent security measures that may help you save money in the long run. Numerous variables must be taken into account when setting your insurance premium, such as the level of service you expect, the likelihood of a heist, the cost of maintenance, and so on. Auto insurance rates for a 2013 Audi S3 may be influenced by the following factors.
- Body type. The S3 is a four-door hatchback that’s meant for everyday use and has a low center of gravity. You may be able to save money on your insurance because of this.
- Type of car. The S3 is classified as a high-end luxury vehicle, which increases the risk of an accident or raises repair costs via higher insurance rates.
- Theft. Because sedans are the most often stolen vehicles, you may have to pay a bit more for insurance.
- Repairs. Even while the S3’s components and maintenance should be simple, its interior and exterior luxury design may make it more expensive to keep up over the long term.
- Safety ratings. The S3 has high safety ratings and can reduce the risk of accidents or injuries. This might lead to lower rates.
How do trim packages and extra build options affect insurance cost?
Car insurance companies figure up your rates based on how many claims you’re likely to file and how much it will cost to settle those claims. As a result, there are many factors that influence the cost of insurance. Your odds of getting into an accident may be influenced by a number of things, including your driving record, where you live, and the vehicle you drive. When it comes to automobile performance, security features, theft rates, and maintenance costs, each vehicle differs from the next. As a result, while calculating your premiums, companies primarily consider the kind of vehicle you drive. The cost of automobile insurance is influenced not only by the kind of car you drive, but also by the trim and extras you install.
Based on the base 2018 Audi S3 2.0 TFSI Premium Plus, it is possible to affect insurance prices by building choices.
- 2.0 TFSI Prestige. Adaptive cruise control and Audi virtual cockpit are included in the Prestige package for an additional $5,000. By reducing the likelihood of an accident, these safety measures may lower your insurance premiums.
Packages and options
- Technology package. The Premium Plus trim level offers this option, which includes a virtual cockpit and a navigation system. If people are more conscious of their driving habits, their insurance premiums may go down.
- Wheel locks. Wheel locks may help to minimize the risk of wheel robbery and save money on insurance premiums.
- Rear-passenger side airbags. Improving your safety measures may help reduce the amount of injury and damage from accidents to a bare minimum. It’s possible that this feature may lower your car insurance rates.
Audi S3 money-saving safety features
You might save money on car insurance if your Audi S3 has these security features.
- Daytime running lights
- Anti-lock brakes
- Anti-theft device
- Surround camera system
- Parking sensors
- Rear back-up sensors
- LED fog lights
- Electronic stability control
- Seatbelt pretensioners
Does the Audi S3 qualify for auto insurance discounts?
Auto insurance savings are available for your car based on the provider you choose to work with. There are a number of variables that may affect how much you save. As an example, consider the Audi S3:
- New car discount
- Anti-lock brake discount
- Anti-theft discount
- Passive restraint discount (Airbags, motorized seat belts, etc.)
- Emergency roadside assistance discount
How reliable is the Audi S3?
Unfortunately, there isn’t much to go on when it comes to the S3’s dependability. Despite this, the car was based on the well-known Audi A3 entry level. The 2018 Audi A3 had a reliability rating of 2.5/5 stars from US News and J.D. Power, which is somewhat below the average for cars in its class. Many people worry about the excessive oil consumption and little coolant leaks, yet Audi site owners are delighted with their vehicles.
After a low-speed accident, the 2017 S3 has only had one major recall because the airbags didn’t deploy correctly. In contrast, the S3 is built on top of the A3, which is packed with features.
- 2018. Some Audi A3s have been recalled due to a problem with the engine control unit stalling, which may lead to an incorrect air/fuel ratio when the vehicle is first started.
- 2017. The 2017 S3 airbag issue and the engine control issue also impacted certain A3 models in 2018.
- 2016. Due to defective external illumination and a fuel system malfunction which might lead to leakage and the risks of fire, a few Audi A3 2016 automobiles have been rejected.
- 2015. Issues with fuel and engine control have been reported in certain 2015 models as well.
Owners of the Audi A3 had various issues, even with the most recent model. RUST on roof rails and door trim, issues with electric windows, failure of mass air flow sensors, and other issues are widespread. The cost of repairs may vary based on the severity of the issue, the mileage, and other factors.
Audi S3 maintenance
The S3 is typical of Audi’s reputation for simplicity of use and comfort, and this is no exception. In spite of its strong engine and sporty tune, this car was designed to be used on a daily basis with little maintenance. However, keeping your vehicle up to date with new oil and other service charges may improve your mileage and ensure it lasts as long as possible. Maintaining your automobile.
See what to anticipate from oil changes, kilometers driven, and service appointments by reading the following guidelines.
- In order to maintain optimal engine performance, Audi recommends changing the oil every 10,000 kilometers (or 12 months). If you use your vehicle often, you may want to consider getting a new one more frequently.
- If it’s been a while since your last oil change, you’ll pay anywhere from $75 to $150 for an oil change.
- Audi’s 2017 maintenance schedule calls for servicing your S3 every 10,000 miles for the first two years, and then every 20,000 miles after that. Standard maintenance should be performed every 20,000 miles for the first two years, and then every two years after that.
- The 2018 Audi S3 gets 25 highway miles per gallon on average, compared to 22 in the city and 28 in the state.
- There is a four-year/50,000 mile warranty on the 2017 Audi S3 as well as four years of 24-hour roadside assistance included in the purchase price.
Is an extended warranty worth it for the Audi S3?
There is a four-year, 50,000-mile warranty on the Audi S3, as well as 24-hour roadside assistance. Upgrade to a two-year or 50.000-mile Audi Certified Plus Limited warranty after the original new vehicle guarantee expires. Despite the fact that the S3 is a sedan designed for frequent usage and daily driving, it will eventually wear down, regardless of how well it performs. You’ll be able to sleep better at night knowing your car is still covered if you get an extended warranty. It’s possible that selling your automobile may boost its market worth.
How safe is the Audi S3?
According to the NHTSA, the 2018 Audi S3 has excellent safety scores across the board. This vehicle has yet to get a safety rating from IIHS or J.D. Power, which is regrettable. However, in 2018, the Audi A3 remained the top mid-size choice in terms of luxury vehicle safety, beating out the competition. Several security and driver-assistance features are similar since the S3 is based on the A3.
About the Audi S3
The Audi S3 has been in production since 1999, although the most recent model year was 2013. New technology and excellent performance distinguish the 2017 model. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration gave the 2017 model a Five-Star Overall Safety Rating.
Security ratings, robbery rates, replacement costs, and general damage vulnerability all factor into insurance pricing for the Audi S3. The cost of a driver’s insurance varies according to the driver’s history and location. Before buying an Audi, prospective buyers should shop around for insurance packages from different providers to obtain the best price. Audi S3 buyers must also do their homework to determine whether they qualify for insurance discounts with various carriers.
Compare Audi competitors
Are you interested in seeing more? Explore Audi’s wide range of vehicles to learn more, or look for comparable cars from a different manufacturer.
Audi’s 4-door sedan, the A3, has been replaced by the S3, Audi’s sportiest model yet. There are many safety measures and driver aid systems built into both vehicles, which contribute to their high safety ratings. It’s designed for daily use and should be reasonably priced to ensure, despite the S3’s impressive raw power and aggressive exterior styling. Although our estimates are accurate, your actual costs may differ, so it’s important to weigh your choices carefully before settling on a policy that meets both your needs and your budget.
For another car insurance review, visit our review of Audi RS3 Car Insurance Rates.