Large in size and width, the Q8 is a sport utility vehicle with excellent performance characteristics. The list price is $67,400, and Audi Q8 car insurance rates will run you around $160 a month. Mercedes-Benz GLE insurance is cheaper for the BMW X5, whereas the Q8 is much more expensive. In order to compare car insurance rates, look up the names of several providers in your state.
- How do I compare insurance for the Audi Q8?
- Does the Audi Q8 qualify for car insurance discounts?
- Why is insurance so high for the Audi Q8?
- How reliable is the Audi Q8?
- Bottom line
How do I compare insurance for the Audi Q8?
In comparison to other luxury sports vehicles, this one has a simpler path, a more sophisticated entertainment system, and two rows of seats for family use instead of only one row. When looking for insurance, there are a few things to keep in mind.
- Body type. In comparison to other Premium sports vehicles, this one has a more comfortable ride, an innovative entertainment system, and three rows of seats for the whole family. When looking for insurance, keep a few things in mind.
- Fuel. According to official estimations, the Q8 gets up to 17 mpg in the city and 22 mpg on the highway in the regular model year.
- Maintenance. You were advised by Audi to use only authentic Audi parts on your Q8, which should be serviced by a factory-trained professional utilizing specialized equipment. For new cars, Audi offers a limited parts warranty that covers the original equipment manufacturers’ parts. In addition, when you bring your vehicle to an Audi dealer, a thorough multi-point check is performed on it.
- Coverage. If your Audi Q8 costs more than a normal car yet the usual insurance maximums don’t cover its full worth, you may need to look into luxury auto insurance for your vehicle.
- Warranty. Audi’s new four-year or 50.000-mile limit guarantee includes four years of round-the-clock servicing from Audi.
Does the Audi Q8 qualify for car insurance discounts?
The Q8’s sophisticated safety features may help you save money while also qualifying you for lower auto insurance rates since you drive safely.
- Advanced airbag protection system
- Electronic stability control
- Anti-lock brake system (ABS)
- Rear view camera
- Seatbelt pretensioners
Why is insurance so high for the Audi Q8?
The Q8’s turbocharged V-8 engine puts out 335 horsepower and can go from 0 to 60 mph in five seconds. These luxury cars are more expensive to insure because of the higher total cost and higher risk of having to pay for replacement or repair costs.
How reliable is the Audi Q8?
While the Q8 receives five stars for overall safety, there are several flaws.
- Safety. As a result of its “excellent” overall crash resilience, the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety has named it one of its “best picks” for 2019. The Q8 was meticulously designed to keep passengers safe in the event of an accident.
- Reliability. Reports suggest that you may rely on this vehicle to take you from point A to point B. Be mindful, though, of the particular care required by German engineering; this vehicle must be kept in tip-top shape by regular service.
- Recalls. Audi has experienced a lot of recalls in the past years because of incorrectly fitted airbags, pre tensioning devices, and faulty brake lights, fuel pumps, and inflators. In addition, he was quoted in breach of the EPA’s Clean Air Act. The availability of an unsecured shock absorber reminder will impede vehicle steering in the fourth quarter of 2019. Audi will make every effort to contact the owners and replace any defective parts at no cost to them.
A quick and comfortable vehicle, the Audi Q8 is perfect for people who want a touch of class without seeming like they’re driving a racing car. Comparison shop for car insurance quotes from different companies to get the lowest rates.
Compare and check out our review of BMW X5 Insurance Rates.