It’ll cost you an average of $138 per year for the Audi Q5 car insurance rates. The base price of a 2017 automobile is $40,900, making it one of the most affordable luxury vehicles to insure when compared to Mercedes-Benz and BMW. With an annual insurance premium of $1,656, the cost-to-base vehicle insurance ratio is 4.0 percent on average.
- What factors affect car insurance rates for Audi Q5?
- How do trim packages and extra build options affect insurance cost?
- Audi Q5 money-saving safety features
- Does the Audi Q5 qualify for auto insurance discounts?
- How reliable is the Audi Q5?
- How safe is the Audi Q5?
- Audi Q5 maintenance
- Is an extended warranty worth it for the Audi Q5?
- Compare Audi competitors
- Bottom line
What factors affect car insurance rates for Audi Q5?
As a result of these factors, suppliers determine your rates, which are then passed on to you as long as you pay your bills on time. As a result, variables like where you live, your driving record, and a variety of other considerations all have an impact on how much insurance costs. Despite the fact that all of these factors affect the cost of car insurance, the vehicle itself has a significant effect. Here’s how the Audi Q5’s features compare to the insurance premiums for your other vehicles.
- Body type. When compared to other vehicle types, the Q5’s are less likely to be involved in collisions. If this is the case, insurance premiums may be lower than those charged for sedans or sports vehicles.
- Type of car. The Q5 is another premium vehicle from Audi’s lineup, and it lives up to the brand’s reputation. Prices may be increased because of its premium car categorization.
- Theft. It is possible that the lower rates are due to the lower frequency of theft of SUVs and crossovers than sedans.
- Repairs. Despite the fact that Audi vehicles are manufactured in different countries, maintaining the Q5 should be no more expensive than fixing other SUVs of the same class. Vehicle insurance rates may be reduced if it is easy to get parts and repair services.
- Safety ratings. Like many other Audi models, the Q5 boasts exceptional safety ratings that may help you save money on your auto insurance.
How do trim packages and extra build options affect insurance cost?
As you may be aware, the vehicle you drive has a significant impact on your auto insurance rates. Several vehicle factors, including power, scheduled usage, safety features, and more are used to calculate your rate. These estimates are provided by vendors.
However, since most contemporary cars are designed with the requirements of the driver in mind, certain choices may have an effect on how well the car performs. According to your Audi Q5’s trims and optional features, your provider may need to adjust your price to reflect its functionalities. To illustrate, let’s look at how the “comfort” basic package can change your insurance prices depending on what you add on.
- Progressiv. There are a number of technologies included in the Progressive package, including sensor input, cruise control, front and rear parking sensors, and more. A higher level of visibility may help you prevent collisions and therefore lower your insurance premiums.
- Technik. In addition to Progressiv’s features, this package includes improved lighting, Audi Connect, and many other extras. Premiums may go down if visibility and security are improved.
Packages and options
- Driver Assistance Package. Adaptive cruise control, traffic marker recognition, and other driver aid technology may all result in lower insurance premiums.
- Upgraded suspension. Selecting a single suspension package may improve handling while lowering your vehicle insurance costs.
- Trailer hitch. Adding weight to your vehicle or increasing the likelihood of damage by towing objects may lead to higher insurance costs.
- Front and rear side airbags. This safety feature may help you prevent property damage and injury if you are in an accident, which can save you money on your insurance premiums.
- Wheel locks. The use of wheel locks significantly reduces the likelihood of having your wheels stolen. Providers are aware of this and may provide you with a discount if you have it installed.
Audi Q5 money-saving safety features
If your Audi Q5 has certain safety features, you may save money on your car insurance.
- Daytime running lights
- Anti-lock brakes
- Anti-theft device
- Surround camera system
- Parking sensors
- Rear backup sensors
- LED fog lights
- Electronic stability control
- Seatbelt pretensioners
Does the Audi Q5 qualify for auto insurance discounts?
You may be able to save money on your car insurance if you choose the right provider. Savings may vary based on where you live, who your provider is, what options you choose and other factors.
Here are a few instances that relate to the Audi Q5:
- New car discount
- Anti-lock brake discount
- Anti-theft discount
- Passive restraint discount (Airbags, motorized seat belts, etc.)
- Emergency roadside assistance discount
How reliable is the Audi Q5?
The Audi Q5 has been available for purchase in the U.S. since its debut in 2008. According to U.S. News & World Report, the 2018 Audi Q5 is the best luxury small SUV. A brand-new base engine, driver assistance technologies, and an upgraded entertainment system were all included in the makeover of the most recent model. The highway insurance institute named the 2017 model its Top Security Pick+.
The 2018 Audi Q5 has a reliability rating of 3/5 stars from US News and J.D. Power, which is about average for vehicles in its class. Despite this, it’s regarded as the best luxury compact SUV for families in 2018 and the greatest luxury small SUV in general.
How safe is the Audi Q5?
The 2017 Audi Q5 was named a Top Safety Pick by IIHS for mid-size premium SUVs in 2017. The IIHS gives the vehicle near-perfect scores in every category and claims it has cutting-edge technology for preventing head-on accidents. It also has a 9.7/10 safety rating from US News and J.D. Powers, as well as a 5-star overall rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Audi Q5 maintenance
Like many prior Audi models, the Q5 was engineered for comfort and simplicity of use. Because of its dependability and low maintenance costs, the 2018 model was named the best premium compact SUV for families. As a result, frequent maintenance is required for all vehicles in order to maintain their efficiency and dependability. This is what to anticipate from your Audi Q5 in terms of oil changes, kilometers, and general maintenance.
- Audi recommends changing the oil every ten thousand miles or a year, whichever comes first. Depending on how long it takes to repair the oil and the filter, an oil change may cost anywhere from $100 to $200.
- Audi’s 2017 maintenance schedule calls for servicing your Q5 every 10,000 miles for the first year, and then every 20,000 miles after that. Standard maintenance should be performed after the first 20,000 miles and then at intervals of 20,000 miles after that.
- The 2018 Audi Q5 2.0 gets 25 mpg on the highway and 27 mpg on the town highway on average.
- Customers are advised to take their Q5 to an Audi service center, although your warranty will not be voided if you do. If your vehicle has been recalled, take it to an authorized Audi dealer for repairs.
- The 2017 Audi Q5 is built on a four-year, 50000-mile warranty and a four-year, 24-hour route assistance service.
Is an extended warranty worth it for the Audi Q5?
The Audi Q5 comes standard with a four-year, 50,000-mile Audi Certified Plus Limited warranty, which may be extended if necessary. This additional two-year or 50,000-mile warranty, when bought, protects your vehicle up to a maximum of $100,000 in damages. Even if the standard factory warranty covers a lot, purchasing an extended warranty can increase the market value of your car and ensure that it is well taken care of in the meanwhile.
Compare Audi competitors
The decision on which model to purchase is still pending. Take a look at similar vehicles from other manufacturers or at Audi’s competitors.
With a wide range of safety features and basic driving assistance, the Audi Q5 is an excellent family vehicle option. It is a large vehicle in its class because of its design, safety ratings, and available features. However, if you choose certain building choices and suppliers, you may be eligible for car insurance discounts. Insurance is somewhat more than the national average. Nevertheless, the most effective method of saving money is to weigh your options and choose a plan that meets your needs.
You may check out our review of Acura RDX Insurance Rates.