You almost certainly will require specialized premium car insurance to cover an Aston Martin Vantage. Furthermore, you’ll want extended coverage to cover the vehicle’s unique components and maintenance requirements.
- How do I compare Vantage insurance quotes?
- Why is insurance so expensive for the Aston Martin Vantage?
- Does the Aston Martin Vantage qualify for discounts?
- Why is insurance so high for the Vantage?
- How reliable is the Aston Martin Vantage?
- Bottom line
How do I compare Vantage insurance quotes?
This vehicle was designed with performance and aesthetics in mind. When shopping for insurance, keep the vehicle’s body, engine, and warranty in mind.
- Body type. As a luxury sports vehicle, the Vantage’s insurance rates will be higher.
- Fuel. As expected, this car has a poor fuel efficiency of about 14 to 16 miles per gallon combined city/highway driving. This is because the manufacturer prioritizes performance above efficiency.
- Maintenance. European sports vehicles have a famously tough reputation for being difficult to maintain. Basic maintenance and repairs are more expensive due to the specialized components.
- Theft rates. Despite its higher price tag, the Vantage is seldom stolen.
- Coverage. From the sticker price to the expense of upkeep and repairs, this is an expensive car. Consider supplementing your current uninsured or underinsured motorist, loan or lease gap, and high-limit collision insurance with comprehensive coverage.
- Insurers have options. While some big insurers, like Geico, may refuse to insure this high-performance sports vehicle, the majority will.
- Warranty. The Vantage comes with a three-year, unlimited-mileage warranty.
Why is insurance so expensive for the Aston Martin Vantage?
The Aston Martin Vantage is more expensive to insure because it requires specialist components, which raises maintenance costs. Additionally, the more powerful engine of this British-built car results in higher speeds.
Does the Aston Martin Vantage qualify for discounts?
The Vantage may be able to help you save money on your insurance rates via safety discounts:
- Anti-theft system
- Anti-lock brakes
- Driving stability control
Why is insurance so high for the Vantage?
While the Vantage provides a luxury ride, it is also associated with a high insurance cost. For a variety of causes, its rate is greater than the national average:
- High ticket price. The entry-level Aston Martin continues to have a six-figure price tag. Your insurance company will be compelled to cover the full cost of repair or replacement, which will result in an increase in premiums.
- Increased protection. Numerous owners of luxury cars elect to get additional coverage to safeguard their significant investment.
- Engine that is very powerful. The Vantage’s nearly 500 horsepower will satiate your need for speed. On the other hand, the strong engine suggests that you’re more inclined to drive it at highway speeds.
- Repairs made to order. This European car may need the importation of components, increasing the cost of repairs.
- Body size is reduced. In contrast to family midsize sedans, sports vehicles have a more compact body, which contributes to their attractiveness as a fast ride.
How reliable is the Aston Martin Vantage?
The Vantage seems to be a well-built vehicle with a low number of recalls. However, it has not been subjected to thorough safety testing by reputable institutions. This information may have an effect on the insurance premiums you pay.
- Safety. Neither the NHTSA nor the IIHS have assigned this car a safety rating..
- Reliability. Both the V8 and V12 engines are reliable enough for daily drivers and weekend drivers who maintain their vehicles regularly.
- Recalls. This vehicle has been subject to a number of recalls. In one recall affecting the V8 Vantage, passengers were unable to unlock the vehicle’s doors from the inside after locking it from the outside.
The V12 has also been the subject of several recalls, the most recent of which was a problem with the door lock. The throttle pedal arm often breaks on this model, too. As a result, the driver may find it difficult to keep the engine speed under control.
Because of the Aston Martin Vantage’s many safety features, you may be eligible for insurance savings. The low theft rate of the car may also be valued by insurance providers. Nevertheless, there will always be drawbacks to ensuring a top-of-the-line European sports vehicle.
There are many Vantage auto insurance companies from which to choose. As an alternative, find out how much insurance will cost you when you buy a vehicle.
For additional car insurance reviews, check out our review of Porsche 911 Insurance Rates.