The Aston Martin Rapide is a four-door high-performance car that debuted in 2010. It is produced in small batches to provide the greatest degree of quality control, resulting in a $200,000 luxury vehicle. Due to the Aston Martin Rapide’s meticulous attention to detail and performance design, the median yearly insurance premium is $7,500 — almost six times the national average. To get a quote, sort car insurance companies by state.
- How do I compare insurance for the Aston Martin Rapide?
- Why is insurance so expensive for the Aston Martin Rapide?
- Does the Aston Martin Rapide qualify for auto insurance discounts?
- How reliable is the Aston Martin Rapide?
- Bottom line
How do I compare insurance for the Aston Martin Rapide?
The Rapide is a high-priced sports vehicle, which means it will be expensive to insure. When determining the cost of coverage, carriers take into account a number of important factors:
- Body type. Although the Rapide is a sedan, it is classed as a high-performance vehicle, which means that its insurance price is higher.
- Fuel. The Rapide is powered by a gasoline engine, which is less costly to insure than diesel or hybrid engines.
- Ratios of theft. The Aston Martin Rapide has a low theft rate and superior anti-theft technology, which may result in insurance savings.
- Maintenance. Due to the high cost of maintenance and repairs on this vehicle, insurers will increase rates proportionally.
- Coverage. With a vehicle this expensive, you’re almost definitely going to want collision and comprehensive coverage, which will increase your rates.
- Potential insurers. While large carriers may be able to provide coverage, you may be able to get cheaper rates from an insurance firm that specializes in luxury and performance cars.
- Warranty. The Rapide comes with a three-year, unlimited-mileage guarantee; but, after that period has expired, consider buying additional coverage or an extended warranty.
- Safety. While the IIHS or NHTSA have not yet approved this vehicle, its many safety features may help reduce insurance rates.
Why is insurance so expensive for the Aston Martin Rapide?
The Aston Martin Rapide is more costly to insure than the Aston Martin Rapide since it is a high-performance vehicle with a lot of power. Over time, vehicles with higher acceleration generally generate a larger number of claims. Additionally, higher-priced cars need higher-quality components and a more complex repair procedure, which contribute to the increased rates.
Does the Aston Martin Rapide qualify for auto insurance discounts?
Automobile insurance discounts may be available for the Aston Martin Rapide, resulting in reduced rates. Numerous features of
- Anti-theft device
- Anti-lock brakes
- Stability control
- Seatbelt pretensioners
How reliable is the Aston Martin Rapide?
Because Aston Martin cars are manufactured in limited quantities to ensure strict quality control, the Rapide is an usually dependable vehicle. Consider:
- Safety. While the Aston Martin Rapide lacks safety ratings at the moment, its basic safety features may help you save money on insurance.
- Reliability. While the Rapide does not have official reliability ratings, it does not seem to have a high rate of regular issues or customer complaints.
- Recalls. Between 2010 and 2016, some Rapide models were recalled due to potentially faulty door latches that prevented doors from being opened from the inside. Additionally, certain 2010–2015 cars have been recalled owing to engine control module issues, while some 2012–2013 vehicles have been recalled due to a manufacturing flaw that may result in the throttle pedal arm fracturing.
The Aston Martin Rapide is a luxury sports vehicle with a high level of performance. Although the design and six-figure price tag explain high auto insurance rates, the vehicle may qualify for insurance discounts that help offset the cost.
Comparing your options entails getting quotations from a variety of providers. Alternatively, you may compare the insurance costs for several Aston Martin models.
For another car insurance review, visit our review of Aston Martin Vanquish Car Insurance Rates.