The Aston Martin DB11 is a convertible or trimmable two-door tower. This high-end vehicle, as shown by its $200,000 MSRP, has been designed for speed and performance. The six-figure price tag and luxurious styling are only two of the reasons why Aston Martin car insurance costs about $7,800 per year – almost six times the national average. It is, however, equipped with a package of safety features and driver assistance systems, which may help reduce its insurance prices. Filter car insurance companies in your state to get a quote.
- How do I compare insurance for Aston Martin DB11?
- Why is insurance so expensive for the Aston Martin DB11?
- Does the Aston Martin DB11 qualify for auto insurance discounts?
- How reliable is the Aston Martin DB11?
- Bottom line
How do I compare insurance for Aston Martin DB11?
The Aston Martin DB11 is a high-performance luxury vehicle with cutting-edge technology and styling that makes insurance prohibitively expensive. Aston Martins is insured by most major vehicle carriers, but specialized coverage may be obtained with a high-performance car insurance provider.
Whichever option you choose, each carrier considers a variety of factors when determining the cost of your coverage.
- Body type. Insurance for two-door coupes such as the DB11 is more costly than for four-door sedans.
- Fuel. The DB11 is powered by a gas engine, which is usually less expensive to insure than diesel or hybrid engines.
- Rates of theft. The Aston Martin DB11 features excellent anti-theft qualities and is not an often targeted vehicle, which may help reduce insurance rates.
- Maintenance. Because upkeep and repairs on this kind of vehicle may be expensive, they anticipate paying a higher premium.
- Coverage. On such a rare and expensive vehicle, you’ll definitely want collision and comprehensive coverage, which may increase your insurance premiums.
- Options for insurers. While you may get coverage from large providers, you can save money by insuring your luxury car with a luxury vehicle insurance company.
- Warranty. The DB11 comes with a three-year or unlimited-kilometre guarantee, but you may want to seek additional coverage, an extended warranty, or mechanical breakdown coverage.
- Safety. Due to the small production run of this vehicle, crash testing is unlikely to contribute to the high insurance premiums.
Why is insurance so expensive for the Aston Martin DB11?
Insurance premiums for the Aston Martin DB11 are higher because insurance companies believe two-door vehicles are more likely to be involved in an accident. When your vehicle is involved in an accident, higher-quality components and a more complex repair procedure contribute to the rise in rates for the UK-built vehicle.
Does the Aston Martin DB11 qualify for auto insurance discounts?
Although the Aston Martin DB11 is a high-performance car that is costly to insure, it may qualify for the following discounts:
- Anti-theft device
- Anti-lock brakes
- Stability control
- Seatbelt pretensioners
How reliable is the Aston Martin DB11?
Aston Martins are built to be safe but have not been tested owing to their scarcity.
- Safety. Due to the limited production of around 1,000 Aston Martin DB11s, there was no NHTSA or IIHS crash testing. It is, nevertheless, fitted with many airbags and driver assistance features.
- Reliability. The DB11 does not have official reliability ratings, however apart from minor paint flaws and rare clutch issues, it does not seem to have many common faults.
- Recalls. Between 2017 and 2018, DB11 Coupe cars were recalled due to the unexpected activation of front airbags caused by a faulty steering column. Additionally, in 2017, some vehicles were recalled due to an incorrectly calibrated tire pressure monitoring system.
The Aston Martin DB11 is a high-performance touring magnet built to the highest standards. Insurance premiums are high due to the luxurious look, six-figure price tag, and lack of safety requirements. However, with the right provider and car insurance discounts, you may be able to get more affordable coverage.
Investigate more Aston Martin car insurance models or compare your insurance options to choose your provider and coverage.
Visit our review of Aston Martin Vantage Car Insurance Rates for another car insurance review.