The base price of an Acura RLX car insurance rates is $54,450. Assuming $1,824 in yearly insurance premiums, the annual insurance cost-to-base vehicle price ratio is 3.3% To obtain a quotation, sort automobile insurance providers by state.
- How to compare insurance for the Acura RLX
- What factors affect car insurance rates for Acura RLX?
- How do trim packages and extra build options affect insurance cost?
- Acura RLX money-saving safety features
- Does the Acura RLX qualify for auto insurance discounts?
- How reliable is the Acura RLX?
- How safe is the Acura RLX?
- Acura RLX maintenance
- Is an extended warranty worth it for the Acura RLX?
- About the Acura RLX
- Compare Acura competitors
- Bottom line
How to compare insurance for the Acura RLX
Auto insurance for your Acura RLX may be difficult to obtain because of the large number of companies offering comparable plans and coverage. When looking for a product, don’t only focus on the lowest price; keep reading to learn about other essential considerations.
- Price. To get the best deal, shop around for comparable plans and see how much they cost before making a decision.
- Deductible. The amount of your car insurance deductible may have an impact on your premium. Choose a sum that’s within your means.
- Minimum coverage. Every state has a different set of minimal requirements for health insurance. It is critical that these requirements be fulfilled at all times before moving forward.
- Additional coverage. Whether you need extra coverage, check to see if the company you’re considering provides it. Personal injury protection, roadside assistance, and other features are examples of what could be included.
- Extras. Choose a service provider that provides the additional features you need. Tire & rim coverage, accident forgiveness, and other options are possible add-ons.
- Restrictions. If your provider has limits or limitations, be sure you’re aware of them to prevent having your claims rejected.
- Manufacturer offer or loyalty discount. See whether Acura has any collaborations or special deals with any particular insurance providers by contacting the company directly.
- Warranty. Check to see whether your manufacturer’s warranty already includes the coverage you’re paying for.
What factors affect car insurance rates for Acura RLX?
The kind of car you insure matters just as much as your driving record, location, and other factors when it comes to determining your insurance premiums. The following are a few things that have an impact on Acura RLX auto insurance rates:
- Body type. Your car’s make and model may have a big impact on your insurance premiums. On average, sedans like the Acura RLX cost less to insure than SUVs like the Jeep Grand Cherokee.
- Type of car. Luxury cars like the Acura RLX have higher insurance costs than small cars like the Volkswagen Golf.
- Theft. Sedans are among the most commonly stolen car kinds, therefore your rates may be affected by this fact.
- Repairs. As both local and foreign manufacturers make the RLX, finding service centers and replacement components should not be a problem. Due to the high cost of body repair on a luxury car, you may have to pay more.
- Safety ratings. Considering how safe the RLX is, reduced premiums may be on the cards.
- Engine type. Insurance premiums for hybrid vehicles tend to be higher. Automobile insurance rates may rise if you opt for the high-tech package with an electric front motor.
How do trim packages and extra build options affect insurance cost?
When calculating your rates, providers take a variety of variables into account. The worth of your car, what you’ll do with it, and safety features are a few examples of these considerations. The prices, power, safety, and other factors may be affected by the options and extras you choose. It’s possible that your car insurance rates may go up or down depending on the choices you choose when purchasing a new Acura RLX.
- Tech. There’s also an AcuraLink system and a front-mounted electric motor as part of this deal. Because hybrid cars are more costly to maintain and insure, these features may raise insurance premiums.
- Elite. Visibility may be improved by front and rear parking sensors, auto-dimming side mirrors, and a surround camera system, which might lead to reduced car insurance rates for drivers.
- Alloy wheels. Wheel upgrades may be costly, and they may also make your vehicle a target for thieves. Car insurance rates may go up if you buy this add-on, so check with your agent or company to confirm.
- Wheel locks. Stealing your wheels is considerably more difficult when you have them locked. As a result, several insurance companies encourage their customers to install these devices.
Acura RLX money-saving safety features
If your Acura RLX has the following safety features, you may save money on your auto insurance.
- Daytime running lights
- Anti-lock brakes
- Anti-theft device
Does the Acura RLX qualify for auto insurance discounts?
Depending on your choice of insurance carrier, you may be eligible for a variety of auto insurance discounts. If you live in a different part of the country, you may be eligible for different discounts. These tips should apply to the Acura RLX, no matter what year it is:
- New car discount
- Anti-lock brake discount
- Anti-theft discount
- Passive restraint discount (Airbags, motorized seat belts, etc.)
- Usage or low mileage discount
- Emergency roadside assistance discount
How reliable is the Acura RLX?
When it comes to reliability, Acura is well-known, yet the RLX falls short of that standard. As a result of these ratings, it comes in at #9 in the premium big vehicle category, according to both US News and J.D. Power. With an average rating of 3/5 stars between 2015 and 2017, earlier model years’ ratings are somewhat better, but the improvement isn’t great.
Approximately 20,000 Acura RLX vehicles have had their safety features recalled, according to statistics compiled by J.D. Power using industry updates.
- 2015. A problem with the Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS) deployed the brakes improperly and abruptly in certain driving situations, affecting about 10,000 cars.
- 2014: A total of 10,000 cars were recalled because the seat belts for the driver and front passenger could not stretch or retract correctly in cold weather.
The RLX hasn’t had many difficulties or complaints, but the 2014 model year appears to have had the most troubles of any other year. Suspension problems, an unreliable infotainment system, and low gas economy are among the most common complaints.
How safe is the Acura RLX?
Despite the RLX’s poor dependability, this car, like most other Acura’s, has excellent safety ratings. The 2018 Acura RLX scores a perfect 10 for safety according to J.D. Power and U.S. News. The Acura RLX received flawless ratings in the IIHS’ frontal, side, and rollover crash tests, earning it the top safety choice for 2018.
Acura RLX maintenance
Regular maintenance may help your car last longer. Here’s what you can anticipate from the Acura RLX in terms of costs and mileage.
- Cars with manual transmissions should have oil changes performed every 5,000 miles (about four months).
- The average cost of an oil change at an Acura dealership or from a technician for an Acura RLX is approximately $80.
- In the city, the 2018 Acura RLX Hybrid achieves up to 28 mpg while on the interstate, it averages 29 mpg.
- The 2018 Acura RLX Elite achieves an average fuel economy of 23 mpg city, 20 highway, and 29 combined.
- As a general rule, Acura advises customers to have their vehicles serviced at an approved Acura dealer, but your warranty will still be valid if you do so.
- There is a six-year/70,000-mile powertrain warranty included with the 2018
- Acura RLX, in addition to the company’s regular four-year/50,000-mile basic warranty package. Acura, on the other hand, provides a wide range of warranty extension choices.
Is an extended warranty worth it for the Acura RLX?
Despite Acura’s well-deserved reputation for dependable cars, the RLX falls short of the competition. Even though it comes with a six-year/70,000-mile powertrain warranty as standard, you may want to think about purchasing an additional warranty just in case.
About the Acura RLX
The Acura RLX has been on the market since the same year. According to U.S. News & World Report, the 2017 Acura RLX is one of the country’s top ten premium big vehicle models. When it comes to safety features, the Acura RLX has a lengthy list of them as standard. It’s also renowned for its dependability and economy.
Safety ratings, theft rates, replacement prices, and general damage susceptibility are used by insurance providers to calculate insurance premiums for an Acura RLX. The cost of auto insurance may vary depending on a driver’s record and where they live. If you’re thinking about buying an Acura RLX, shop around for insurance quotes from multiple providers to get the best deal. Look into insurance discounts to determine if you qualify.
Compare Acura competitors
Are you trying to find alternatives to this? Investigate what other models Acura has to offer, or look into other makes and models to see if one will work for you.
Auto insurance for a 2017 Acura RLX costs approximately $500 more in New York than the national average for drivers in this state. As a result, the cost of insurance will vary depending on a variety of variables, so shopping around is essential to determining precisely how much you’ll spend. The RLX is equipped with a number of safety measures that may result in car insurance premiums being reduced. You won’t know for sure whether your rates will go down because of your car’s flawless crash test scores and outstanding safety ratings until you receive a quotation.
You may check out our review Acura ILX Insurance Rates.