Acura RDX car insurance rates approximately $1,836 per year, or about $153 per month on average. It is $500 more expensive than the national average of $1,318. It’s also close to Florida’s and Maryland’s averages of $1,830 and $1,810. On the other hand, the cost of your insurance is heavily influenced by your location and a variety of other variables, such as your age, driving record, and so on. Put all the car insurance providers in your state in alphabetical order to obtain a quotation.
- How to compare insurance for the Acura RDX
- What factors affect car insurance rates for Acura RDX?
- How do trim packages and extra build options affect insurance cost?
- Acura RDX money-saving safety features
- Does the Acura RDX qualify for auto insurance discounts?
- How reliable is the Acura RDX?
- How safe is the Acura RDX?
- Acura RDX maintenance
- Is an extended warranty worth it for the Acura RDX?
- About the Acura RDX
- Compare Acura competitors
- Bottom line
How to compare insurance for the Acura RDX
Purchasing auto insurance may be a tough task. One supplier can hardly be distinguished from another because of the intense rivalry. If you drive a car, SUV, or any other vehicle, choosing an insurance policy and an insurance provider may be difficult. Here are some ideas to help you better grasp the issue:
- Price. When it comes to choosing an insurance plan, price is the deciding factor. To get the greatest insurance rates, check prices and see if there are any discounts available.
- Deductible. Your choice of deductible may affect the cost of your car insurance. If your supplier is flexible, discuss adjusting the size of your purchase with them.
- The bare minimum in terms of coverage. To drive on public highways, you must have insurance that satisfies the minimum standards set by your state. Otherwise, you are prohibited from doing so.
- Extra information. It’s important to check with your insurance to see whether it offers coverage for things like personal injury or uninsured motorist liability.
- Extras. Tire and rim insurance, as well as no-deductible glass repair, are just a few of the additional insurance choices available. Choose a service provider that has the features you value if you care about them.
- Restrictions. Keep in mind any restrictions you may have while selecting a service provider. Carpooling, restricting coverage to certain locations, and other measures may be necessary.
- Offers from the manufacturer or discounts for staying loyal to the brand. Some businesses provide special discounts or programs in conjunction with insurance carriers. Find out if any of these offers are available to you by contacting Acura.
- Warranty. You may be eligible for additional coverage if you purchase a new Acura vehicle. Check to see whether the manufacturer and potential service providers have anything in common before making a decision.
What factors affect car insurance rates for Acura RDX?
The variables that carriers consider when determining their automobile insurance premiums are many. Even if you drive a less costly car to save money on insurance, the kind of car you drive counts. How does the Acura RDX do in terms of performance?
- Body type. In comparison to Acura MDX, which has higher insurance prices, the RDX is a small SUV with lower rates. This decision is based on factors such as the cost of accident repair, passenger safety, and more.
- Vehicle make and model. SUVs are considered to be less hazardous than sports cars and coupes, therefore they are less expensive to insure.
- Theft. SUVs are less likely to be stolen than sedans, therefore the insurance premiums may be lower because of the lower theft risk.
- Repairs. The Acura RDX’s construction is simplified by the availability of parts and service in both the United States and Japan. Because this is a high-end SUV, body damage may be too costly to fix.
- Ratings on the level of safety. Because of the RDX’s excellent safety ratings and crash test results, insurance companies may be able to lower their premiums.
How do trim packages and extra build options affect insurance cost?
Vehicle insurance rates may be influenced by the Acura RDX’s trim level and optional features. By making the vehicle more comfortable, reducing accident risk, or just making it safer in general, packages may result in cheaper rates. Adding a sports package or a powerful engine, on the other hand, may result in extra insurance coverage as the car’s worth and horsepower rise. The Acura RDX is available in a variety of trim levels.
- Tech. This bundle includes navigation, blind spot information, and a cross traffic monitor. It’s possible that using these safety measures will result in lower RDX rates.
- Elite. Fog lights, auto-dimming mirrors, and front and rear parking sensors all help cars be more visible, which lowers their insurance costs.
- Trailer hitch. It’s a handy function, but if you plan on driving a lot, it may put your car in danger of damage. Your rates may go up as a result of this.
- Alloy wheels. The cost of upgrading your vehicle is high, and you run the risk of your wheels being stolen more often. Auto insurance rates may go up as a consequence.
- LED fog lights. FOG LIGHTS make driving safer and less likely to be involved in accidents since they improve visibility. This feature has the potential to lower insurance premiums.
- Wheel locks. This feature makes it far more difficult for vendors to identify your wheels when they take them. If you have them installed, you may be eligible for an insurance reduction.
Acura RDX money-saving safety features
These safety features on your Acura RDX may help you save money on your auto insurance.
- Anti-lock brakes
- Anti-theft device
- Passive restraints
- Adaptive cruise control
- Lane departure system
- Daytime running lights
Does the Acura RDX qualify for auto insurance discounts?
Several vehicle insurance savings may be available to you, depending on your provider. However, the specific savings you get will depend on your region, your service provider, and the available choices. There are a number of factors that should apply to the Acura RDX:
- New car discount
- Anti-lock brake discount
- Anti-theft discount
- Passive restraint discount (Airbags, motorized seat belts, etc.)
- Usage or low mileage discount
- Emergency roadside assistance discount
How reliable is the Acura RDX?
The RDX is another example of Acura’s legendary dependability. According to JD Power and US News, previous models have received three and four stars out of five, respectively. Because of this, it shows that the Acura RDX is on par with or even better than similar SUVs. For the first time, US News places it in the top tier of premium compact SUVs.
Owners of the Acura RDX have reported few problems or concerns. However, even though the 2016 model had the most overall failures, the 2015 model is still regarded as the worst because of the greater expenses of maintenance. Screaming brakes, difficult starting, and lane problems are all features of the 2016 model.
How safe is the Acura RDX?
The RDX lives up to Acura’s well-earned reputation for safety. According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the 2018 RDX is the safest midsize SUV available. A 5-star safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and a 9.7-star safety rating from American News round out the accolades for this vehicle
Acura RDX maintenance
Maintaining your Acura RDX on a regular basis can help it last longer. Below are some rough maintenance cost and mileage estimates, as well as some additional things to keep in mind.
- The cost of an oil change at an Acura dealer for an RDX is about $80.
- The 2018 Acura RDX gets 23 mpg on the highway and 20 mpg in the city, with a combined 28 mpg.
- As long as you use an authorized Acura dealer to have your car fixed, your warranty will still be valid if you want to take it somewhere else.
- A six-year/70,000-mile powertrain warranty is also included as standard on the 2018 Acura RDX. Acura, on the other hand, has a number of warranty extension alternatives.
Is an extended warranty worth it for the Acura RDX?
If you want to keep your Acura for as long as possible, even after the warranty has ended, components may start to fail. If you want to buy an extended warranty, Acura provides a variety of choices that are available at the time of purchase or for extra expenses down the road.
About the Acura RDX
The Acura RDX was unveiled in 2007. There were more than 52,000 sales of the Acura RDX small luxury SUV in 2016. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration gave the 2017 Acura RDX a five-star overall safety rating, while the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety named it a Top Safety Pick+.
To determine the cost of Acura RDX insurance, insurance providers look at factors including the vehicle’s safety and robbery ratings, replacement price, and overall damage vulnerability. Your driving record and geographic location have an impact on your insurance rates. To ensure you spend the least amount possible for your Acura RDX, compare insurance quotes from many different providers. Find out whether your insurance savings are eligible by doing some research.
Compare Acura competitors
Is there anything else you’d want to discuss? Look at other automakers who provide radically opposed models or other brands of the same vehicle.
Despite the fact that Acura RDX car insurance rates approximately $500 more than the national average, the vehicle has a number of characteristics that qualify it for car insurance discounts. As with many previous Acura models, the RDX has received excellent safety ratings from a number of well-known groups. The automobile is a medium premium SUV, therefore expect to pay more for insurance because of its higher classification. However, since insurance prices are influenced by a variety of variables, it’s critical to weigh your choices and determine exactly how much you’ll spend based on your own situation.
You may check out our review of Honda CR-V Insurance Rates.