The Acura NSX is a high-end sports vehicle that is surprisingly cheap to insure. The average cost for an Acura NSX car insurance rates is $191 per month, or $2,292 per year. With a base price of $156,000, the annual cost–to–base vehicle price ratio is 1.5 percent, which is much lower than the national average of 4 percent. To obtain a quote, sort car insurance providers by state.
- How to compare insurance for the Acura NSX
- What factors affect car insurance for Acura NSX?
- How do trim packages and extra build options affect insurance cost?
- Acura NSX safety features that save money
- Is the Acura NSX eligible for car insurance discounts?
- How reliable is the Acura NSX?
- What about the Acura NSX’s safety?
- Acura NSX maintenance
- What about an Acura NSX extended warranty?
- About the Acura NSX
- Bottom line
How to compare insurance for the Acura NSX
Evaluate your choices to see which provider and coverage are best for your needs, no matter what kind of car you drive. You, on the other hand, may believe that all options are the same. The following factors should be taken into account when comparing Acura NSX car insurance quotes:
- Price. It’s a big investment, so you should make sure you have enough insurance coverage. Instead of going with the cheapest option, decide how much coverage you need and shop around for the best deal.
- Deductible. You don’t want to be stuck with the repair cost for an NSX since it’s pricey. Find a low-cost insurance policy with a high deductible. If it’s too expensive, you may end up paying more in fees since you didn’t put enough money aside.
- Minimum coverage. The bare minimum in terms of coverage differs from country to country. Ensure that your insurance coverage complies with the laws and regulations of the nation in which you reside..
- Additional coverage. Some insurance companies provide additional coverage like uninsured motorist or personal injury protection. Choose your provider wisely if this is important to you.
- Extras. If you need extra coverage for your expensive tires and rims, or for no-deductible glass repairs, compare the options offered by each provider.
- Restrictions. The fact that the NSX is a sports vehicle means that certain service providers have the right to restrict what you may do with it. Limit your activities to avoid violating your insurance policy’s terms and being left without coverage.
- Manufacturer offers or loyalty discounts. Discounts or special deals from manufacturers may be available via specialized suppliers. Check with Acura and any potential service providers to determine if any of these apply to you.
- Warranty. Check to see whether the manufacturer’s warranty and the additional coverage offered by your provider conflict with each other.
- Expertise. Some firms are specializing in exotic car insurance particularly developed for Acura NSX automobiles which may provide better prices, enhanced coverage or other features suitable to this type of vehicle.
What factors affect car insurance for Acura NSX?
Car insurance rates are affected by a wide range of variables. Insurance companies use the following factors when calculating your premium, regardless of whether you’re looking for Acura NSX or Mini Cooper coverage.
- Body type. The body style of your vehicle has a significant effect on your insurance rates. Insurance may be more costly for the NSX because of the vehicle’s high cost of production.
- Type of car. The NSX is a high-end sports vehicle with a potentially greater accident risk due to its design and power.
- Theft. Despite the fact that sedans are the most often stolen car type.
- Repairs. The NSX has a slew of options and high-priced components, all of which may make upkeep difficult. Repairs may be time consuming and expensive if you don’t have a skilled technician on hand, and parts may be harder to come by.
- Safety ratings. When it comes to safety, the premium Acura RLX has active safety features including blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alerts, and lane departure warnings. As a result, the cost of insurance may go up.
- Usage. Most insurers assume you’ll be using your vehicle or SUV for vacation when you purchase your policy. Exotic vehicles like the NSX, which have a higher risk of collision, may get an additional premium from insurers.
- Engine type. It’s possible that hybrid and electric cars may cost more to insure since the parts are more expensive and a qualified technician is required.
How do trim packages and extra build options affect insurance cost?
Depending on the model and extras of your Acura NSX, it’s possible that you’ll pay more for insurance. If you add safety features to your car, you may notice your insurance rates go down.
More power may be obtained by upgrading your engine or adding a sports package. The following are some available options for the Acura NSX:
- Brakes. This improvement may improve stopping power, but it will also raise your insurance premiums by more than $10,000 to keep up with the higher value of your car.
- Wheels. Upgraded wheels give your Acura NSX a more aggressive appearance, but they also raise your insurance costs by $10,000.
- Sports package. This aerodynamic, lightweight kit raises insurance rates while improving performance.
- Technology package. Nearness sensors, for example, may reduce your accident rates as part of this bundle of driving experience technologies.
- Wheel locks. Locks like this make it more difficult for criminals to steal your wheels, and many insurance companies provide discounts if you have them.
Acura NSX safety features that save money
These safety features on your Acura NSX may help you save money on your auto insurance premiums.
- Anti Lock brakes
- Daytime running lights
- Proximity sensors
- Wheel locks
Is the Acura NSX eligible for car insurance discounts?
Several companies provide a discount depending on the vehicle you insure. Despite the fact that exact savings may vary depending on location, supplier, and other factors, Acura NSX should be subject to the following:
- New car discount
- Anti Lock brake discount
- Antitheft discount
- Passive restraint discount — airbags, motorized seat belts
- Usage or low mileage discount
- Emergency roadside assistance discount
How reliable is the Acura NSX?
The NSX is another one of Acura’s dependable vehicles, and it lives up to that reputation. Exotic vehicles aren’t designed to be used on a daily basis since they’re heavy, noisy, and need significant maintenance.
The Acura NSX is yet another interesting story. In addition to being comfortable and dependable, it is also well-suited to prolonged usage.
There were no reminders issued for the 2017 Acura NSX as of August 2021. A malfunctioning thermostat was found to be the cause of the overheating, and Acura responded by sending out a service notice to have it replaced.
Acura recalled 3,7 million NSXs in 1991 owing to faulty seat belt buttons, and from 2018-2019, the company recalled NSXs due to problematic fuel pumps.
What about the Acura NSX’s safety?
Acura automobiles are well-known for their high level of safety. While the NSX isn’t an exception, keep in mind that it’s a high-performance car with less safety features than other Acura MDX models. However, the following security measures should be expected:
- Anti Lock brakes. As soon as a tire stops spinning, this feature converts the brake pressure to spin, allowing you to brake while swinging the car. You may also swing with it.
- Stability control. This function helps the driver retain control of the vehicle by reducing engine power or applying brakes.
- Front-impact airbags. By reducing engine power or applying brakes, this function aids the driver in maintaining vehicle control..
- Side-impact airbags. The torso of a person is protected in a side-impact collision by front-seat side-impact airbags.
- Overhead airbags. In the event of a rollover or side accident, this device will shield the heads of the occupants.
- Knee airbags. In the case of an accident, these airbags protect passengers’ lower bodies.
- Pretensioners. In the event of a collision, this function tightens the seat belts automatically to assist keep occupants in the proper posture.
- Security system. The car is equipped with an anti-theft system. An incompatible key will prevent the ignition from turning on if it’s not the correct original factory key.
Due to a lack of data, this cannot be done at this time. The 2019 Acura NSX has yet to receive official ratings from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) or JD Power and Associates (JD Power).
Acura NSX maintenance
When it comes to auto maintenance, the NSX is no different from other high-performance vehicles. When you buy an Acura NSX, you should be prepared for the following things:
- When it’s time to service your NSX, the software’s Maintenance Minder lets you know. This package includes basic maintenance including oil changes and coolant top-ups.
- An oil change for your Acura NSX will cost you around $100 if you take it to a mechanic, while an oil change at an Acura dealer would cost you $150 to $200.
- The 2017 Acura NSX gets 21 mpg on the interstate and in the city..
- It’s a good idea to compare the sophistication of your NSX to other Acura models before taking it to an authorized Acura facility for repair. Your warranty, on the other hand, will not be affected if you decide to move.
- There is a four-year/50,000-mile standard warranty as well as a six-year/70,000-mile powertrain warranty available for the 2017 Acura NSX. There are many extended warranty options available for Acura vehicles.
What about an Acura NSX extended warranty?
As much as people appreciate Acura’s reliability, the NSX is built to handle abuse and still perform well. If a problem arises after the original warranty period has expired on an expensive vehicle, it’s worth looking into obtaining an extended warranty. The extended warranty options for the NSX are more complicated than those for other Acura models, so check with your local Acura dealer for more information.
About the Acura NSX
The Acura NSX debuted in 1991 and went out of production in 2005 before coming back on the market in 2017. The automobile was developed in an attempt to build a vehicle that resembled a vintage sports car while still having cutting-edge technology features. The only supercar produced in the United States is the 2017 Acura NSX.
As a result of the NSX’s high safety and theft ratings, insurance companies calculate the cost of coverage based on the car’s replacement cost and risk of loss. Auto insurance premiums are determined by factors such as driving history and geography.
If you’re considering buying an Acura NSX, be sure to get several insurance rates. Find out whether you qualify for insurance discounts by doing some research.
NSX insurance costs are comparable to MDX insurance costs, however the NSX is $1,000 more costly than the average nationwide. It’s possible that your actual prices will be different, depending on things like your age and region.
Even if maintenance on an Acura NSX is more costly, if you choose for high-performance or exotic car insurance, the cost of insurance will not be prohibitive. To be sure you’re receiving the coverage you need at a price that fits your budget, do your research and evaluate your choices before settling on a service provider and an insurance policy.
You may check out our review of Nissan GT-R Insurance Rates.