A typical Acura ILX insurance rates average costs approximately $160 a month or $1,920 a year, approximately $600 higher than the national average of $1,318 a year. Your real costs vary according to various parameters, including driving history, miles, location and more. In Ohio, the cost of a mean automobile insurance is $919, while the average cost of vehicle insurance is $1,840, according to the Insurance Information Institute.
- Compare Acura ILX insurance quotes
- What else can effect the cost of Acura ILX car insurance?
- How important are trim packages and other design options in affecting insurance costs?
- Does Acura ILX Qualify for Insurance Discounts?
- Acura ILX safety ratings
- Acura ILX Is A Safe Car
- Acura ILX service and repair
Compare Acura ILX insurance quotes
There are a number of variables to be taken into account when looking at insurance alternatives for your Acura ILX. In hybrid automobiles some suppliers can be cheaper, but others may specialize in antiquated cars, depending on the type of vehicle. For the evaluation of Acura ILX car insurance choices, the following elements should be taken into account:
- Price.For most individuals, this is the most significant issue, but it is critical to ensure that you have the coverage you needed to protect yourself.
- Deductible. Insurance deductible amount varies per insurer, and some even enable you to tailor it to affect your prices. You must select a deductible level that is appropriate for your circumstances, taking into account factors like as the most likely item to break and the cost of repairs in cash vs. the deductible.
- Minimum coverage. Each state has its own set of minimum coverage requirements. Examine your insurance coverage to see if it complies with your state’s requirements.
- Additional coverage. Additional coverage, like as personal injury protection, may be worth considering in the case of newer vehicles like the Acura ILX.
- Restrictions. Check with your insurance carrier to determine if there are any limitations on covering the ILX or any of its unique features. You should also be aware of any applicable behavioral constraints, such as where you’re driving, if you’re using it for ridesharing, and other considerations.
- Manufacturer offer or loyalty discount. It’s possible that certain manufacturers have negotiated special reductions or incentives with insurance companies. To begin, check with the manufacturer and the supplier to see if this applies to you.
- Warranty.Is there any form of Acura special warranty or deal that may affect your insurance policy? Manufacturers may, for example, provide coverage for the first month following purchase, obviating the need for gap insurance. Check to be sure your manufacturer’s and service provider’s services do not overlap.
What else can effect the cost of Acura ILX car insurance?
A multitude of factors determine the cost of car insurance, including the type of car you drive, your location, your age, your driving history, and a range of other criteria. You may be able to save money on your vehicle insurance premiums if you purchase an Acura ILX sedan with a variety of safety features. Other car-related elements that affect your insurance prices include:
- Body type. Because sedans are more family-friendly than coupes, sedans are frequently less expensive to insure than coupes. Coupes, on the other hand, are sportier versions of sedans that may be driven more aggressively.
- Type of car. The Acura ILX is a high-end sedan manufactured by Acura of Japan. A sedan’s insurance is usually less expensive than that of a sports vehicle or an SUV. Although sports cars are riskier than SUVs, SUVs are bigger and may be more expensive to fix.
- Theft. Due to the fact that sedans are the most commonly stolen cars, car insurance premiums for sedans may be slightly higher than for SUVs or other types of cars.
- Repairs. Repairing or replacing parts on the Acura ILX is not excessively expensive in this scenario because it is a relatively recent car built in the United States. This might help insurers maintain premiums as low as possible.
- Safety ratings. The majority of Acura vehicles have excellent safety ratings, which might help you save money on car insurance.
How important are trim packages and other design options in affecting insurance costs?
Car insurance costs for your Acura ILX are almost always decided by the package and optional coverages you choose for your car. Along with discussing some of your options, we’ll explore their potential impact on your insurance rates:
- A-spec. This option increases the vehicle’s sporty appeal on the inside and outside by adding sporty elements. In general, sportier automobiles are more costly to insure, and as a result of your purchase, your insurance premiums may increase.
- Technology plus. This navigation, audio, and networking bundle, nicknamed the “intelligent driving companion,” not only adds value to your vehicle, but may also make driving safer. As a result, it has the ability to raise or lower your interest rates.
- Premium. This bundle offers features that are intended to simplify and enhance your life. Insurance prices may be reduced as a result of developments in safety and driver aid technology.
- AcuraWatch Plus. AcuraWatch Plus is a package of technologies that includes a collision mitigation braking system, adaptive cruise control, lane keeping aid, and a range of additional features. When combined, all of these safety features may be able to help you save money on your vehicle insurance.
- Special edition. The Acura ILX Special Edition has larger wheels, a rear spoiler, and other aesthetic enhancements over the basic model. While this package may improve your car’s sleek and aerodynamic looks, it may also result in a rise in your insurance costs.
- Black alloy wheels. It is likely that acquiring bigger rims, as well as any other visual changes that make the vehicle look sportier, would result in an increase in auto insurance rates.
- Back up sensors. Backup sensors can aid you in avoiding an accident when backing out of your driveway or into a parking lot. By including this option, you may benefit from more peace of mind and cheaper vehicle insurance prices.
- LED fog lights. LED fog lights can aid you in recognizing automobiles and other hazards when your eyesight is hindered. This optional safety feature may qualify you for a discount on your insurance premiums.
- Spare tire kit. The installation of a spare tire kit on your Acura ILX may indicate to insurance providers that you are a responsible and prepared driver, resulting in a decrease in your premiums.
- Wheel locks. Wheel locks are a reasonably affordable modification that significantly complicates tire and rim theft. As a consequence, you may qualify for a price reduction on anti-theft measures.
Does Acura ILX Qualify for Insurance Discounts?
Several insurance firms provide numerous savings on vehicle insurance prices. While these discounts vary by area, service provider, vehicle type, and other factors, the following discounts may apply to the Acura ILX:
- A reduction on the purchase of a new car
- Anti-lock braking systems at a discount
- Discount for theft prevention measures
- Reduced price for the addition of a safety feature
- Discount for low mileage
- Discount for emergency roadside assistance
Acura ILX safety ratings
Acura vehicles are renowned for their high degree of safety and dependability. JD Power gave the 2016 ILX a predicted dependability rating of 4 out of 5 stars. For the 2015 model year, reliability of features and accessories is rated 5/5, while the powertrain is rated 3/5, the body and interior are rated 2/5, and the overall assessment is rated 3/5.
Acura announced a recall in February 2016 for the 2013-2016 Acura ILX due to overheated headlights, improper door latches, and faulty airbag inflators. It is unknown at this time whether any recalls will be issued for 2017 or 2018 vehicles.
The majority of criticism is addressed toward the Acura ILX, which made its debut in 2014. Customers have expressed problems regarding overly loud suspension, Freon odor, and non-functioning defrost. On the other hand, 2014 is not the only model year plagued by issues.
Customer concerns include engine oil leaks during regular operation and gearbox slippage, which are more prevalent on 2015, 2016, and 2017 model years.
Acura ILX Is A Safe Car
The Acura ILX comes equipped with a number of advanced safety features that can help reduce your risk of filing a personal injury claim, which might result in cheaper insurance premiums.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that the Federal Government Crash Test Ratings for the 2016, 2017, and 2018 models are all a perfect five out of five. All models receive a four-star rating for frontal and rollover collisions, whereas side collisions receive a five-star rating.
Acura ILX service and repair
Purchasing and insuring your Acura ILX is only the start. Maintaining it in good condition will extend its life and guarantee that it continues to perform at its best. What you may anticipate is the following:
- An oil change for an Acura ILX costs around $80 on average.
- The 2018 Acura ILX achieves a combined 29.5 miles per gallon in the city and 35 miles per gallon on the highway.
- According to the manufacturer, service for your ILX should be conducted at an Acura dealership, as dealership specialists are factory-trained to work on your vehicle. On the other side, your warranty will not be terminated if you get it serviced elsewhere.
- As standard, the 2018 Acura ILX comes with a four-year/50,000-mile basic warranty and a six-year/70,000-mile powertrain warranty. Additionally, Acura offers the opportunity to purchase an extended warranty.
Checkout our other Acura model rate reviews.